Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 09:28 PM

687 posts, read 3,242,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is there still Time to change Your home to an All brick exterior? Also, next time you go to check on the Progress of your house, count the windows, I believe it's Now >44 to exclude You from snobbiness. And most importantly, make Sure your husband doesn't have Time to check this board.
Afraid not--they only build them with vinyl siding sides in Marlboro so they can flaunt. And I think there are fewer than 44 windows. But maybe I can get that window washer from Westfield to help me, regardless.

And if the husband knew how much time I spent looking at this board and not preparing our house for showings, he'd be none too thrilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 09:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,846,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Afraid not--they only build them with vinyl siding sides in Marlboro so they can flaunt. And I think there are fewer than 44 windows. But maybe I can get that window washer from Westfield to help me, regardless.

And if the husband knew how much time I spent looking at this board and not preparing our house for showings, he'd be none too thrilled.
I have a feeling Diane got her 44 windows by taking a magic marker to them and drawing six sets of perpendicular lines.

It's okay...the math was more than close enough to fool th' neighbors. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...I'll never tell.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
yeah you're right. Ok since JerZ doesn't wanna do the deed, then we gotta get to work. Capiche?
Oh, HobokenGuy. (sniff) We'll always have Weehawken. A sweltering summer night, a show-off car with the top down, whizzing past all the false-colonnade-front houses...and an entire box of black-and-whites.

Okay! That's enough sentimental garbage! Tahiti, I'll be right over! We'll have to keep it platonic but I'm happy to make a run for gyros or a giant sandwich. You bring the chick flicks. Try to get the husband out of the house, though. I HATE the way husbands start to walk into a room, see two weeping women sitting in front of "Marcia's Harrowing Journey" on Lifetime with six gallons of Rocky Road in their laps, and they just, like, pivot on their heels and walk right back out again. I mean...the nerve.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,337,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I have a feeling Diane got her 44 windows by taking a magic marker to them and drawing six sets of perpendicular lines.

It's okay...the math was more than close enough to fool th' neighbors. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...I'll never tell.
No, I really do have 44 Windows, 20 front, 9 back, rest on sides. They also have a Half Moon window over them, but that doesn't count as extra. My daughters room has a Half moon window near Cathedreal Ceiling, and 2 on side. She also has a Sewing room. She's a Fashion Merchandising Major .
I have 2 floor to ceiling windows in my Master walk in Closet, those are on side of house.Husbands has no windows in his, but walk in closet.There is a double window over the Jacuzi Tub.It has special blinds so no one can see in.
I'm not bragging but I got a lot for money, thats what I'm trying to say. This house would cost 3x the price in NJ.
I have quick access to downtown and the airport.Shopping near by, Kroger, Publix(yes Fla Supermarkets), Harris Teiter, and Fresh Market(NC Gourmet Chain) so I'm not in the middle of nowhere.
Diane

Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
No, I really do have 44 Windows, 20 front, 9 back, rest on sides. They also have a Half Moon window over them, but that doesn't count as extra. My daughters room has a Half moon window near Cathedreal Ceiling, and 2 on side. She also has a Sewing room. She's a Fashion Merchandising Major .
I have 2 floor to ceiling windows in my Master walk in Closet, those are on side of house.Husbands has no windows in his, but walk in closet.There is a double window over the Jacuzi Tub.It has special blinds so no one can see in.
I'm not bragging but I got a lot for money, thats what I'm trying to say. This house would cost 3x the price in NJ.
I have quick access to downtown and the airport.Shopping near by, Kroger, Publix(yes Fla Supermarkets), Harris Teiter, and Fresh Market(NC Gourmet Chain) so I'm not in the middle of nowhere.
Diane
Uh...are you talking about a fypon window? Is "half moon" what they call them where you are? (snort) This is actually kind of cute.

Do you have any crayon box windows? Those are the rectangular ones.

"But enough about me. What do YOU think of me?"

Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Uh...are you talking about a fypon window? Is "half moon" what they call them where you are? (snort) This is actually kind of cute.

Do you have any crayon box windows? Those are the rectangular ones.

"But enough about me. What do YOU think of me?"
I thought you were a Man, as I did another poster. I should have known, too much free time. I do work, but from house, and job is sometimes slow, then picks up and then I have no time. I do my own housework, and I'm a perfectionist on that. I hate Clutter.Why if you like Jersey so much are you in Calif.? It has to be more expensive. My friend said San Fransisco prices went thru roof. Only town I know that's not pricy, is Lancaster, Calif?
I have 1 rectangular window in Master Suite Bathroom. It's the one where the Jacuzi tub is.
We call it half moon, I assume its the same.
As for that new post, I know Julian is waiting for me to post.
It is the truth though, and friends of mine are in full agreement. I was told Marlboro was way worst, but did not live there but saw it every day.

Food? I found a new section today by Vanderbilt university, some really trendy cafe's. Even a NY Deli We were getting our car serviced at dealer downtown, so we
took a walk, I had to hit the ladies room, so saw an Embassy Suite, in lobby was someone I knew from Manalapan. It seems her daughter was attending Vanderbilt University. They were up for weekend and could not believe I moved here.
Diane

Old 09-30-2007, 09:36 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,697,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
That's so unfair..I made a casual joke which you felt the need to rush to her defense over and in doing so you insulted Kate and myself (not that we care). No one on here has any hostility towards Diane so to say "some of you have it in for Diane" is silly. Why create drama when there is none? I apologized to Diane and she was not offended. Have we become so PC that we can't make a joke without "it being at someone else's expense"?
Oh phuleeze. I had no idea what was going on with you and Diane. It just seemed that she was at the receiving end of everyone's jokes. Reading some of her posts again, I get it. They do seem a little ridiculous.
Creating drama? C'mon get over yourself!
You already got your digs in once, why do it again? Maybe YOU enjoy the drama?

Now can someone please post some more pics of all that great Jersey food that I miss so much? I would really enjoy a great shot of a boardwalk sausage and peppers hero.
Thanks!

Last edited by stmaarten; 09-30-2007 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Oh phuleeze. I had no idea what was going on with you and Diane. It just seemed that she was at the receiving end of everyone's jokes. Reading some of her posts again, I get it. They do seem a little ridiculous.
Creating drama? C'mon get over yourself!
You already got your digs in once, why do it again? Maybe YOU enjoy the drama?

Now can someone please post some more pics of all that great Jersey food that I miss so much? I would really enjoy a great shot of a boardwalk sausage and peppers hero.
Thanks!
Where did you move? That food is available here, maybe because so many moved here from other places because of the music industry.
It seems the restaurant people followed, because you can get every different food imaginable.
I was having a hard time finding a good Kosher deli, because I love the sanwiches, but my friend found an excellent one. Owners From NJ orginally.
Diane

Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 AM

859 posts, read 3,314,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I just got back from visiting a client in Garfield and since it was around lunch time, I decided to stop off at Golden Eagle in Garfield for potato pancakes, then over to D'Anna's on the Lodi/Garfield line for some black and whites and sfogliatelle.

People can complain all they want, but North Jersey has some of the best food in the country. What do they have elsewhere? Sweet tea and BBQ? Yeah, that's original.

everyone is raving over the black and white cookie....

am I the only one who LOVES sfogliatelle? Omg they are the best!!!!

I <3 being a fat Italian

Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM

I think your incorrect on that. I have found great food all over this country. For a good Cheesesteak you would have to go to phiilly. I have had some of the worst in NJ. Here, they do them well because we have Philly transplants here that open restaurants.
We have transplants from other countries also. We have wonderful Muffaletta Sandwiches.
American Way Magazine - Trends for the Modern Traveler / Travel

Nashville Foodies: The Italian Market
Nashville Foodies

There are Hundred's or more.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey