Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,859,501 times

Advertisements

i like bar pies at times. its so easy to polish off a pie with a few beers

how about Nomad Pizza Company - Home ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Pete and Elda's is in my backyard practically, I go there fairly often (maybe once a month as long as it isn't summer). The sauce is tasty enough. And the crust is crunchy and might even be thinner than a saltine. What I really don't like about the crust is it is flaky. Its fine once in a while, but I don't consider it pizza the same way I don't consider Chef Boyardee pasta. I do not like siciilian pizza or chicago style either. Those are very thick, with a doughy crust of about an inch or so. Andy's has a thin crust, but it is not a cracker either. Same with chiafullo's. The whole pizza, sauce, cheese and crust is maybe 1/3 of an inch in thickness. But the slices are big, you can definitely fold them in half. Yum.

And why would you hope I like the same style of pizza? Just because you do not like no one else can? Weird.

As for tomato pie, pies are not typically a saltine with toppings either. Not sure where you are going with that.
I don't know where you call P&E like saltines. I have eaten there pizza many times and I don't find it that way. Thin yes Saltine like, no way.
Never said people have to like what I like. I asked what your definition of what real pizza is and you have not answered.
I think you have to agree that there are lots of different types of Pizza and they don't all appeal to everyone.
I don't like thick crust pizza but all my kids do and they don't like what I like, so what? And I don't care what anybody else likes.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:44 AM

417 posts, read 455,244 times
I vote for the Delorenzo's in Robbinsville. I never made it to the one in Trenton, and have only been maybe 2 or 3 times to this one but it really is excellent. The ingredients are mouthwatering top notch. (I am not a foodie, but really the tomatos and any toppings- are really superior).
They get my vote. It is the thin crust pizza type.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:21 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
My all time favorite is Maruca's in Seaside. The Sawmill a few blocks down is a close second, and the Sawmill also has other food and beer for those so inclined.
Not really central jersey but I have to agree with Marucas. I love the place and being from NNJ I think I have had some good pizza. Maybe its just my taste buds but I love Marucas.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,574 times
I felt compelled to register and make an account just because I can't believe no one said Coffaros in South River yet!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 AM

334 posts, read 731,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I have no way of knowing but it may be the water used. The crust has almost no flavor compared to the pizza I used to get in North Jersey - Pizza Town in Elmwood Park for example.
I stopped at Pizza Town on a whim taking the long way home from work one day. It might have been the 2nd or 3rd worst slice I have ever had in my life and I have tried tons of places.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 PM

334 posts, read 731,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Relax. It's a "bar pie" and several other well-regarded places in NJ like Star Tavern make the same type of pie. It might not be for everyone but I like it. There are a zillion other NY-style pizza places to choose from in the tri-state area.
Lived around the corner from Star when I was a kid from the 80's. i hated when my mom got pies there...too salty and the crust was a little too thin for my youngsterized tastes. Have always lived within at least 30-40 minutes of the place, but went in today on a whim after 25 years. They have row after row of pizza contest plaques on the wall...with that being said, the pizza is still not my cup of tea. My daughter liked it but remarked that she doesn't see what the hype is about.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:09 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
Lived around the corner from Star when I was a kid from the 80's. i hated when my mom got pies there...too salty and the crust was a little too thin for my youngsterized tastes. Have always lived within at least 30-40 minutes of the place, but went in today on a whim after 25 years. They have row after row of pizza contest plaques on the wall...with that being said, the pizza is still not my cup of tea. My daughter liked it but remarked that she doesn't see what the hype is about.
Come down to Central Jersey for the Pizza Hut-thick crust that a lot of these joints make. It's like chewing on an un-glazed donut with sauce & cheese.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Not really central jersey but I have to agree with Marucas. I love the place and being from NNJ I think I have had some good pizza. Maybe its just my taste buds but I love Marucas.
No, it's not your taste buds:
Maruca's Tomato Pies - Man v. Food

This guy knows his stuff. I was reading his book the other day, and that compelled to think of Maruca's, which in turn, caused me to click onto this thread.

In summary, you have all officially landed on my "you suck" list, after reading the posts, and triggering food memories!

Yours,
Starving for pizza ex-NJ poster in St. Louis.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,464 times
While Denino's in Aberdeen, is my favorite, my husband took me to Ciro on Morristown Road in Matawan. They are from Staten Island also. The pizza was really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey