Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 04:50 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,874,503 times

Advertisements

I am feeling alittle nostalgic today. I was thinking about how things were so different growing up in the 60's. I loved growing up then and wouldn't trade it for anything. What were your favorite shows? Anyone remember Diver Dan, Thunderbirds, Paul Winchells club house and Knucklehead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 05:17 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,072,399 times
Don't remember those as you're older.

Growing up in the 70s & 80s there were so many to choose from. But some of the ones I used to watch were Happy Days, In Search Of, That's Incredible, Carol Burnett Show, All In The Family, MASH, Good Times, Chico & The Man, The Facts of Life, Different Strokes, Three's Company, Charlie's Angels, Taxi, The Incredible Hulk, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, The Gong Show, Wonderama, the Magic Garden, Mr. Rogers, The A Team, Soul Train, Saturday Night Live and the Electric Company to name a few.

Then there were reruns of The Flintstones, Tom & Jerry, Popeye, The Little Rascals, Laurel & Hardy, The 3 Stooges, Bugs Bunny, the Jetson's, Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse, Leave it to Beaver, The Monkees, Mission Impossible, I Love Lucy, Get Smart, Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet and My 3 Sons (Robbie just died).

And, of course, the best show ever - The Uncle Floyd Show.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,659,967 times
The Man From Uncle..one of the few never to show up in reruns.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Don't remember those as you're older.

Growing up in the 70s & 80s there were so many to choose from. But some of the ones I used to watch were Happy Days, In Search Of, That's Incredible, Carol Burnett Show, All In The Family, MASH, Good Times, Chico & The Man, The Facts of Life, Different Strokes, Three's Company, Charlie's Angels, Taxi, The Incredible Hulk, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, The Gong Show, Wonderama, the Magic Garden, Mr. Rogers, The A Team, Soul Train, Saturday Night Live and the Electric Company to name a few.

Then there were reruns of The Flintstones, Tom & Jerry, Popeye, The Little Rascals, Laurel & Hardy, The 3 Stooges, Bugs Bunny, the Jetson's, Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse, Leave it to Beaver, The Monkees, Mission Impossible, I Love Lucy, Get Smart, Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet and My 3 Sons (Robbie just died).

And, of course, the best show ever - The Uncle Floyd Show.
Most of these were my favorites too. I was a contestant on Wonderama once. I would also add The Dukes of Hazzard, What's Happening, and The Muppets.
Reruns: Hogan's Heros, I Dream of Jeannie/Bewitched, The Munsters/The Adams Family, Twilight Zone, Star Trek, and definitely can't leave out Gilligan's Island.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:28 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,874,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Most of these were my favorites too. I was a contestant on Wonderama once. I would also add The Dukes of Hazzard, What's Happening, and The Muppets.
Reruns: Hogan's Heros, I Dream of Jeannie/Bewitched, The Munsters/The Adams Family, Twilight Zone, Star Trek, and definitely can't leave out Gilligan's Island.
All those are good. I was actually thinking about when I was real little...thats why the mention of the kids shows. I loved everything about that time....the music, the shows. I also loved Kukla, Fran and Ollie, Flipper,.the wonderful world of Disney and Lassie.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:52 AM

303 posts, read 919,592 times
Baywatch

Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,072,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I remember when Herman tried out for the Dodgers. Classic sitcom silliness.

And how many times did the castaways on Gilligan's Island have a chance to get off that stinkin island and they blew it somehow?

And of course Gilligan's Island started one of the great barroom debates ever - are you a Ginger man or a MaryAnn man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey