U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 6,988 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to the Woodbridge Center Plaza apartment community (across the Woodbridge Center Mall and Wegman's). However couple of posts on
Woodbridge Center Plaza Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Woodbridge apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
suggest that its not very safe and there have been couple of car related thefts (though posted in 2009)
and bug infestations in this community.
Was wondering if this forum can shed some light on this community.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 04:07 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,988,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom845 View Post
We are planning to move to the Woodbridge Center Plaza apartment community (across the Woodbridge Center Mall and Wegman's). However couple of posts on
Woodbridge Center Plaza Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Woodbridge apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
suggest that its not very safe and there have been couple of car related thefts (though posted in 2009)
and bug infestations in this community.
Was wondering if this forum can shed some light on this community.
Now I can't go into much details about car thefts bc I don't live there, but I do live in this area. The apartments usually seem very quiet during the daytime. Doesn't look like "the hood" by any means. Although that's just me. It's close to panera's, wegman's, and it is close to major highways like the turnpike, the gsp, rt. 1.

I wish I could help you out more. best of luck on your new move.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,988 times
thanks for the reply. I am also looking at condos in Beverly hills terrace just beside this Woodbridge center plaza. They seem a lot nicer.
However I am also looking for commuting to Metropark. I know its a short drive, but I am also looking for NJ transit connectivity. The Metropark loop shuttle 803 is about 12 mins walk from Woodbridge Center drive and Beverly Hills Terrace. 62 stops near by, but for morning commute the only option is to take it around 7:00 am to be at work before 9am. Was wondering what people in this area typically do.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,988,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom845 View Post
thanks for the reply. I am also looking at condos in Beverly hills terrace just beside this Woodbridge center plaza. They seem a lot nicer.
However I am also looking for commuting to Metropark. I know its a short drive, but I am also looking for NJ transit connectivity. The Metropark loop shuttle 803 is about 12 mins walk from Woodbridge Center drive and Beverly Hills Terrace. 62 stops near by, but for morning commute the only option is to take it around 7:00 am to be at work before 9am. Was wondering what people in this area typically do.

Have you tried anything in Iselin? iselin is pretty close to the metropark station plus it's an Indian enclave (if that doesn't bother you)

People here usually go to Applebee's, the movies, etc. there's not much "nightlife" at least not like the major cities.

The culture in Central Jersey is really centered on the car so if you don't have one and if you dont live in the cities like New Brunswick or Perth Amboy it becomes kind of burdensome without one.

So I would recommend if you don't like to use the car too much, try to find a community that's walkable.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 PM

858 posts, read 642,030 times
FYI, if you get a monthly train pass from Metro Park, you can also use it to/from Woodbridge since it's the same zone. The monthly also gets you onto the bus without an extra charge

Old 06-22-2013, 01:13 PM

7 posts, read 12,674 times
Any update on where you decided? I'm looking in this area too for a 5 week stay because our condo isn't available until mid-July.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:51 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,777,312 times
What about Woodbridge Commons, just across Rt 1 where it turns into Gill Ln. Those look like pretty nice condos.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM

5 posts, read 5,661 times
I'm looking at beverly hills terrace myself. Nothing against indians but I hope it's a little more diverse. Also how far is the loop bus from beverly hill terrace? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey