Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times

Advertisements

My HVAC system is 15+ years old and I have PSE&G WorryFree contract. I don't have to worry about dishonest or incompetent technicians. We have used the WorryFree twice in the past 12 months (once for furnace and once for AC) and they stopped by the same day to repair. Had I used an independent HVAC technician, it would have cost us way more than what we pay for the WorryFree contract yearly. We may not have to use it every year, but given how old our systems are AND that I know nothing about HVAC myself, the cost is well worth the peace of mind (~200/year).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
My HVAC system is 15+ years old and I have PSE&G WorryFree contract. I don't have to worry about dishonest or incompetent technicians. We have used the WorryFree twice in the past 12 months (once for furnace and once for AC) and they stopped by the same day to repair. Had I used an independent HVAC technician, it would have cost us way more than what we pay for the WorryFree contract yearly. We may not have to use it every year, but given how old our systems are AND that I know nothing about HVAC myself, the cost is well worth the peace of mind (~200/year).
I had a similar contract through NJ Natural Gas. I came home from work on a 25-degree Thursday and the temp in my condo was 52. I called them through my contract and the customer service person cheerily informed me that she could set up an appointment for any time on Saturday.

I called another HVAC contractor in the area who said they would be there in 45 minutes and got there in 25 minutes, and I dumped the NJ Natural Gas contract.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:53 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
Let's just say I'm very lucky to have (wait for it...) an AC repairman as a neighbor and not even know it. *facepalm*
I got locked out of the house around 1am a couple of weeks ago. Only wearing shorts and a tshirt, no shoes, no wallet, no phone. Already tried breaking a pane of glass to the backdoor but double-paned tempered glass is impossible to break with no tools.

As I'm pacing up and down the driveway trying to figure out what to do, i see someone from the neighborhood drive down the street (VERY rare for my neighborhood at that time of night). He stops and asks me if I needed help. I guess I looked frazzled. Explained whats going on, tells me hes a locksmith and gets a toolbox out of his trunk, has me direct him to the back door and within a few minutes im back in the house.

Friendly neighborhood repairmen are worth their weight in gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 PM

303 posts, read 919,724 times
You all got to grow a pair and roll up your sleeves and get dirty. I don't mind MightyQueen as a lady but the rest of your are real fairy boys if u can't not even do simple jobs like open a HVAC and check it out on the electric or gas or to work out whats wrong. Guys like your would be totally lost on a disasters scenario sitting their crying like girls on something so petty as an HVAC ohhhh ohhhh why wont the repair man come i'm all hot ohhhh ohhhhh sob sob.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post
You all got to grow a pair and roll up your sleeves and get dirty. I don't mind MightyQueen as a lady but the rest of your are real fairy boys if u can't not even do simple jobs like open a HVAC and check it out on the electric or gas or to work out whats wrong. Guys like your would be totally lost on a disasters scenario sitting their crying like girls on something so petty as an HVAC ohhhh ohhhh why wont the repair man come i'm all hot ohhhh ohhhhh sob sob.
You're right, I may not know how to repair my own A/C.

However, when I write on the internet, I don't come across as an idiot. I'M THE BIG WINNER!!!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
The funny thing is, I knew how old my system was and I was thinking about getting Worry Free but I just didn't do it.

But yes, I high advise and recommend Worry Free especially if you have older systems.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:

Quote:

However, when I write on the internet, I don't come across as an idiot. I'M THE BIG WINNER!!!
Yes you are!

There is definitely something to be said for literacy and clarity of thought, as well as feeling secure enough about your own masculinity, so that you don't have to question someone else's masculinity. STL--I think that you will probably agree with me that this person's post reveals much more about him than he realizes.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah, your the big winner all right, the big winner of FAIRY BOYS AWARD.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yes you are!

There is definitely something to be said for literacy and clarity of thought, as well as feeling secure enough about your own masculinity, so that you don't have to question someone else's masculinity. STL--I think that you will probably agree with me that this person's post reveals much more about him than he realizes.

Oh yeah big shot, thats rich coming from a guy who probably cant even change his eingine oil.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:48 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
Oh yeah big shot, thats rich coming from a guy who probably cant even change his eingine oil.

how difficult is it to change engine oil? drive to pepboys, wait 45 minutes and its done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: