Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
He was surrounded by NJSP. His safety was never an issue.

If the guy said something snide, he could blow it off like most pols do or engage him in a serious conversation to enlighten the person. I've seen pols do it all the time at public events. At least the person criticizing the politician will respect him for explaining his side of things. But with Christie it turns into instant name calling. He does it time & time again.

Loudmouths in any walk of life get no respect when they act like that. Christie is no exception.
Thats a big if.....

There is a huge difference between snide and belligerent.

I'd like to know the truth myself but with the whole video I can't condemn his actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Really?
You are equating sexual acts, committed in private, with public displays of out-of-control anger?

I don't recall Bill Clinton's staff posting videos of his sexual peccadillos.
By contrast, our esteemed governor's staff members are apparently among the folks who are posting CC's public temper tantrums on YouTube, and other media outlets.

As reprehensible as Clinton's sexual escapades/infidelities were, they were not public displays.
By contrast, our current governor apparently wants the melt-down of his self-control to be viewed by everyone. That difference causes me to conclude that the governor and his staff consider his behavior to be...acceptable...or admirable...or at least worth a few votes when he continues his run for national office.

Society--watch out.
Whatever the state of public civility might be at this point, it is sure to decline even further, thanks to the public airing of these repeated displays of bad behavior.

I see parallels. If you don't...meh..no biggie. I don't think this is going to change anyone's vote one way or the other. It's just not substantive enough. The people who already like Christie are going to cheer him on and the people who don't are going to show melodramatic outrage. In the end, we are all going to vote the way we would have in the first place.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
You're the exception because almost every Republican politician attacked Clinton from day 1 as some kind of outsider hick (similar to what they've been saying about Obama being born in Kenya) and even some holier-than-thou cheaters at the time (talking to you, Newt, you low-life POS) were bemoaning how the Lewinsky affair "sullied the office of the President." As a matter of fact, BJ-gate helped get that horrible, America-killing dunce Dubya Bush into office because Clinton was so toxic around 1999-2000, stupid Al Gore didn't even use him on the campaign trail.

Meanwhile fatass, inbred "real Americans" in Ohio praise this blowhard Christie when he attacks little old ladies in rigged town halls as some kind of hero. If they tracked his youtube hits, they probably all come from out-of-state. We see this act all the time and are tired of it.
They were a bunch of idiots. I thought the same back then too.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
In the end, we are all going to vote the way we would have in the first place.
I beg to differ. I know several people who did vote for him, but have told me that he has "turned them off" to such an extent that they could not consider casting another vote for him. And, what they say was the tipping point for them was his ongoing failure to control both his temper and his mouth.

Will these defections be enough to make a difference in his next election--for whatever office he aspires to? Maybe not, but I have seen a very negative reaction from folks who formerly supported him.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 PM

10 posts, read 12,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
At least Corzine acted his age and was healthy ...and didn't waste the tax payer $$$ on chopper rides to non state emergencys like his son's soccer game.
Thank you. Well said. This guy is a bully and an ass. Can't wait till he's out of office. He is a liar and a cheat who favors the rich. He hands out high paying patronage jobs at the Port Authority to all his friends while he criticizes that place for being dysfunctional. His administration is a joke. An acquaintance of mine got a high level job paying more than $150,000 in one if the state offices just because he worked on his campaign. And he's not even qualified to do the job.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:20 PM

303 posts, read 920,044 times
Christie tells it like it is and he dont give a dam about politics. This is the sort of leadre we need not the polls driven politicans who take a poll everytime they go to the mensroom. Only the union thugs with their inflated pensons and sensitive snowflakes and cupcakes take offense the info by Christie Notice one thing none of these leeches dispute what Christie is saying all of them dispute the way he says it that should tell you everythink.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:38 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Quote:
youd be surprised what people think of cc outside of nj. Many actualy like him
Don't bet on it. He came off looking like an idiot when he spoke up here. true to form, he made a disparaging comment towards someone. He hasn't a clue what it's like to deal with people outside of his own circle.

He's tolerated now by the Republicans because he brings in money from the wealthy. the same reason he was appointed as the Federal Prosecutor. when that is no longer a factor, he will be dumped without a second thought.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:54 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
I'd imagine someone as fat as Christie must be mighty uncomfortable in this hot weather which would lead to him being more cranky than normal.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
He seems more unhinged and tense than usual. Screaming at a reporter who asks him a question about a session of the legislature that HE called for. I wonder if the justice dept. is sniffing around.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:55 PM

303 posts, read 920,044 times
Quote:
He seems more unhinged and tense than usual. Screaming at a reporter who asks him a question about a session of the legislature that HE called for. I wonder if the justice dept. is sniffing around.

Unhinged for asking a quuestion - are you the serious pal? Whats next for you - its all Bush's fault !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey