Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2006, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 8,615 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I am new to this forum,and new to USA also. I am in Canada right now planning to move in Southern NJ(due to Job)in middle of Oct.
I need your help and avise.
My workplace is Wildwood(Cap may County)
I am looking for a safe community,where public school shoulde good(i ahve two kids 11 &6)
Less crime,good residential area(i know wild wood is more tourist area)
I am mentaly ready to drive until 25 mile a day.
prefered indian comunity but not necesary.

which town i suppose to select for renting a residance.

what will be avg. rent of two bed room appt or condominium or town house.
is there any professional rental property should i contact.pl. name them here and if possibel give contact no.
What will be car insurance( I have Toyota carola 1997,i am paying 200 CAD/month in Toronto canada),i heard that it is very high.

any suggesion is highly appreciated.
You can send me private e mail .
Thanks
Suryakant Patel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Assuming your driving record is clean, I'm sure you would pay less than $1000/year for the car insurance. In my experience, Geico and NJCURE have the cheapest rates, but shop around.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Thanks

Hi Cristina001

Thanks for reply, do you have any idea about community near wildwood,which is good to live with family specialy in term of school .
kant

Old 09-23-2006, 08:16 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,740 times
Out of 315 public high schools in New Jersey, Wildwood High School ranked 299. I would not raise a family in Wildwood, although Wildwood Crest (the southern section of the island) is nice, the local Catholic high school is quite good - but you're getting into more money with that route.

Upper Township (Seaville, Beesley's Point) has reasonabley priced homes, reasonable property taxes, the kids go to Ocean City High School (very good) and the elementary schools there are excellent. (Good for your 11 and 6 year old children). You could drive to Wildwood in 20 - 25 minutes on the Garden State Parkway.

Also check the southern portion of Cape May Court House, reasonable housing compared to the other side, taxes are up there, though. I am not a huge fan of the middle school or high school in Middle Township, I'm sorry to say - but at least the ranking was higher than Wildwood H.S. Sorry, can't recall the exact number.

Hope this is helpful - Good luck with your new job!

Editing to add: I do not know of an Indian community. I do know people of many backgrounds, including India and we all get along very well. My friend from India does not have a Indian market or restaurant to go to, which she would love to find. Maybe you'll explore and find something, then let US know!

Last edited by Adream; 09-23-2006 at 08:25 PM..

Old 09-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Thanks Adream

Thanks Adream

Your information is very nice.it will help mea lot. If you don't mind can you tell me how we can find a rank of school.Is there any website?
pl. forward me a link of it.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey