Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,382 times

Advertisements

Of course everyone knows the street is public and when visitors come their is nothing you can do about it... but for your neighbor to constantly park in front of your house is rude... lets say my parking spot in front of house is taken and I do need to park in front of someones else house... the minute "my" parking is available I move my car to the front of my house.... so that I'm not incoviencing my neighbors...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 9,078 times
I live in Clifton, not far from the OP from Teaneck. I live in a two-family house, and the downstairs neighbors have the use of the driveway. My roomie and I can fit our cars neatly at the curb in front of our house. No complaints, no one really has a reason to complain.

Trouble is, there's a bunch of shops on the main drag at the end of our block, and people love parking on our block to go shopping. I don't like having to park in front of someone else's house, but when someone parks in front of mine, I don't have much of a choice.

And forget about it, when there's a sports game or anything else at the middle school down the street... I come home from work and can't find a place to park within a half-mile of my house.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,414 times
my neighbour has 3 cars and he is lazy and doesn't want to open his gate so he parks in front of my house . once I asked him not to do that and when he parked again I threw some eggs on his car at midnight .the next day he got angry and wanted to quarrel with me but I didn't open the door.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanj View Post
my neighbour has 3 cars and he is lazy and doesn't want to open his gate so he parks in front of my house . once I asked him not to do that and when he parked again I threw some eggs on his car at midnight .the next day he got angry and wanted to quarrel with me but I didn't open the door.
Thinks that make me .

Asanj joins and makes 2 posts that revive really old posts that are neighbor complaints. How in the world did you find your way here and drove you to unearth posts that are over a year old?

Old 12-21-2010, 12:18 PM

614 posts, read 1,376,043 times
We have four cars in our family, but two stay in the driveway and two on the street. We can park in front of anyones house no one cares, and we can park in front of theirs. We can also park across the street,thats a corner house the side faces my house, and there is enough room for four to five cars. When it snows we try to put all four away so it's less snow to shovel off the driveway. Theres no real issues with that around here sometimes it's better to not park right in front of my house since there are powerlines on my side of the street.... Power lines + Birds = Bird crap on the car.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 9,523 times
I think this is a great forum, and I happily resurrect it...We live on a dead-end street in the mid-west. Almost all homes (with the exception of the newest white elephant on the block whose living room windows overlook the neighbors' roof) are single story or story and a half with 2-car garages. It's a narrow private street maintained by subdivision dues. I always get people parking in front of my house when they visit neighbors (on all sides). The thing is, they like to park on the lawn since there is no curb or sidewalk on the street, and the street is narrow. Everyone has long driveways because the garages are in the rear of the homes, but I guess no one wants to inconvenience the home owner. So all guests end up parking on the street in front of other folks' homes. It's hard enough for two cars to pass on the street, but adding a bunch of parked cars to the street really makes for some difficult maneuvering when the guests do not take their proximity to each other into account. I have built a small berm (sp?) at the edge of the front lawn and planted a lot of azaleas in the hopes of discouraging the parking on my lawn. Got tired of filling in the ruts and replanting grass!

Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
In my neighborhood, you come in from one way and if you want to park as you come in, you will park on my side. The neighbors across from us, don't feel like turning around and parking in front of their house, so they just pull up in front of ours.
We have talked to them about it. The front of their house has no cars, yet instead of turning around and parking there, they would just rather pull up in front of mine.
My husband was coming home from work one day and called me to ask if I would go over and ask them to move their car. I did. A big guy (visitor) came out screaming at me and trying to intimidate me. Then my husband got out and talked to him. Tone changed quickly and he moved.
Those people moved and now there are new ones there that seem as though they would never even think of parking in front of our house. They are great!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,783,097 times
That's nothing, I remember after one snowstorm, I dug out a spot for my car in front of my house and when I returned home from work that day someone else was parked in my spot. And this was a street with no other cars parked on the street. I wasn't too happy let me tell you.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 9,523 times
Default Latest update

Late last week we had a neighbor move out of the white elephant house on the block. They had THREE moving trucks on the street from 8:30 a.m. until about 6:00 at night. We are talking 2 tractor trailers (plus a smaller one) here on a narrow street. Two days after that, we had another neighbor that called in a tree service to do some work--that brought in a large bucket truck (like what the electric folks use to service tall poles) and two dump trucks with a wood chipper on the back of one of them. This was in addition to the NEW neighbors moving into the white elephant on the block house. Those folks had a POD's truck drop-off as well as a moving truck...same day as the tree service folks. Needless to say, just about every yard has ruts in it now. Even I do, with the bushes on the edge of the yard, courtesy of our neighbor, who decided to drive around the bushes and through the middle of the yard to avoid waiting for the moving trucks to get out of the way...Too many people in this world have no manners or respect for others...I guess ignorance really is bliss, and unfortunately, I am not blissful.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I had a similar issue years ago in Bergen County. Our neighbors across the street had this massive SUV that they would always park in front of our home. They had a two-car garage and two cars. The SUV could never fit into the garage, yet they never parked it in their driveway.
I have to agree, although the street is public property, it's still rude to assume that you can park your vehicle in front of your neighbor's house. One day I had had it. I walked over to my neighbor, who I was friendly with, and asked her to please consider parking her truck on her side of the street, as it was blocking my view. She had no problem with it at all, and parked her SUV on her side of the street. I think some people are just oblivious and don't mean to be rude.
Well, I tried that and didn't work, had the homeowners association send them letters and that didn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey