Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmom View Post
i just bought a home in Indiana and for the first month I always had a spot to park today however i just ran to the store for 34 minutes I come back and there is this huge Ford truck in front of my house the truck had plenty of room on the other side and behind where my car would normally be, but the driver decided to park there and i am furious. i am normally a nice person but that right there sets me off like a rocket.
Did you shoot him? Ram his car? What was the result of you being set off like a rocket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Did you shoot him? Ram his car? What was the result of you being set off like a rocket?
The person in Indiana ended up in New Jersey, apparently.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM

614 posts, read 1,375,487 times
Try living on a street off of a main road that has a dancing school! lol When that school is in session and all the moms and dads drop off thier little girls there is no parking at all!! We all have driveways here but some people have three or four cars! Now all the cars CAN fit but the driveways are single file, so who's ever in the very front has to get ALL the other cars to move before leaving. So here people park one or two in the driveway the rest on the street. When the school starts it's a parking nightmare for the people on my street including me.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,182 times
I dont know how old this ads are but I came to this website to see what I could do for the same issue I am going through. I recently finished my lease on some apartments I was renting and decided to rent a house. Well I have been leaving at my new place (house) thinking I would have more freedom now that I was in a house vs an apartment. But that has not been the case. I have been dealing with a flea infestation from the last people who use to live here and just spended another $80 on flea bombs, flea tramps ect... Well now I am also dealing with neighbors are parking right in front of my house and I am very anoyed by the whole thing. The owner of the house has scheduled another pest control treatment for my house for this monday. That's another thing I would like to know can I get a discount on my next rent for all the stuff I have bought to control this infestation? I have all of the recipts. Well no smart comments please I am on the edge of just giving up on trying to live better. That's why only helpful comments please

Old 05-06-2012, 02:38 AM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Wow, all I can say is, no wonder city folks are so stressed out. I have never lived anywhere in my life where all the cars weren't parked in our own garage every night.
I think I would try to get along without a car before I could live with getting up in the middle of the night to move it, or circle the neighborhood for hours to find a space. Awful.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:43 AM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma4u View Post
I dont know how old this ads are but I came to this website to see what I could do for the same issue I am going through. I recently finished my lease on some apartments I was renting and decided to rent a house. Well I have been leaving at my new place (house) thinking I would have more freedom now that I was in a house vs an apartment. But that has not been the case. I have been dealing with a flea infestation from the last people who use to live here and just spended another $80 on flea bombs, flea tramps ect... Well now I am also dealing with neighbors are parking right in front of my house and I am very anoyed by the whole thing. The owner of the house has scheduled another pest control treatment for my house for this monday. That's another thing I would like to know can I get a discount on my next rent for all the stuff I have bought to control this infestation? I have all of the recipts. Well no smart comments please I am on the edge of just giving up on trying to live better. That's why only helpful comments please
Oh you poor thing. Ask nicely to be reimbursed for the money you spent. The fleas should have been taken care of before you moved in.
Save the parking battle for later, when you stop being cranky from scratching.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
my neighbors have a 3 car garage and room for approximately 5 cars in their double wide driveway in back. daily their son parks in front of my house. their workers have told me that they have explicit instructions from the wife to park only in front of the neighbors houses and never in front of the house they are working. they seem to rotate their choices and are equal opportunity insulters to everyone on our cul-de-sac just seldom parking their own cars in front of their house. for years they would have the employees for their illegal daycare park in front of our mailbox and have the kids dropped off in front of my house and then they would walk over to their house. i seem to have had some luck in dissuading them for brief periods by parking my car in front of their house.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:48 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
It is a public street and they can park any place they d@mn well please. If you have a driveway, use it. If you don't, park in front of someone else's house. There are MUCH more important things in life to worry about.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM

527 posts, read 1,407,951 times
Wow, a whole lot of venting going on
thread started in Oct 2007
almost 5 years later
still venting

Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
It is a public street and they can park any place they d@mn well please. If you have a driveway, use it. If you don't, park in front of someone else's house. There are MUCH more important things in life to worry about.
Agreed. I don't understand why some of these folks are so upset that people park on public streets. Back when I owned a car, I never gave a thought about whose house I parked in front of, you just park where you can. I guess I'm lucky I never parked near the homes of some of the really angry people who have posted in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey