Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 09:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
"Ghetto style" <> "Ghetto".

I would agree though, that many cars is disgusting to me.
Why? Each adult has one car. Then there is the truck. Then there are two teens with their cars....... At least that was my driveway/street growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 10:47 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubicle Dweller View Post
Yep - their way of welcoming new neighbors Perhaps it was just the kids in that house goofing off without realizing the consequences of the damage, but I felt violated. Also I've seen these kids throwing rocks at a neighbor's cat so they're not beneath animal cruelty. That particular summer their uncle who just got out of prison was babysitting so I'm sure he was a great influence. The past year or two the kids seem to be doing better (fingers crossed). Nonetheless, I still won't park anywhere near their house since I'm well aware of the potential consequences. And they know not to go near my house since they'll be recorded.
Throwing rocks at cats? That's really low. Good thing you have a camera.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 2,143 times
Default Don't damage their car!!!

Some really awful advice on this thread. Don't damage their car in any way! Eggs? Nails? Really? Keep your cool- once this is resolved you have to live near these people! Here's step by step advice for dealing with neighbors parking on your property.

Try to treat them how you would want to be treated if someone brought this to your attention. If they don't respond to that, you can escalate without making your neighbors think that YOU are the jerk. It never pays off with neighbor disputes to try to "out-jerk" the other person.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:42 AM

42 posts, read 47,037 times
That's why we prefer towns that don't allow overnight street parking.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:44 AM

42 posts, read 47,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
I don't get this parking thing, my neighbor gets all pissy because I park too close to his "driveway".
The only other spots are almost 2 houses away. I was only in front of his "driveway" by less then a foot. Ridiculous.
Why not park your car in your own driveway?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 PM

596 posts, read 895,552 times
Our across the street neighbor parks their cars right in front of my driveway (across the street). So backing out of my driveway, I have to be extra careful not to hit it. They also park another car by my driveway (near its entrance on my side of street). Sure, technically it's not blocking my drive way, but combined with the other car, it makes getting out my driveway much more difficult. I wish there is something we can do, but I don't think there is any.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
Our across the street neighbor parks their cars right in front of my driveway (across the street). So backing out of my driveway, I have to be extra careful not to hit it. They also park another car by my driveway (near its entrance on my side of street). Sure, technically it's not blocking my drive way, but combined with the other car, it makes getting out my driveway much more difficult. I wish there is something we can do, but I don't think there is any.
Mine too. I think he does it intentionally just to annoy me. We got off on the wrong foot when we first met (i said something that probably offended him, totally my fault and I own up to it), so i guess our relationship is forever damaged and he forever will dislike me. Oh wells

Old 09-25-2017, 07:48 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,549 times
If you live near a college or large school, its really tough on the neighbors. When I went to school down in Baltimore I use to park my car to visit my girlfriend in a nearby college she went to. They had a few side streets across from her dorm which legally, you could park your car there in front of these townhomes. The problem was, the street was rather narrow and most of these townhomes owners didn't have a driveway, so on the street parking was the only option.

One night, I walked back to my jeep after visiting my GF and found dog sh*t all over my windshield, in the door handles, the hood of the car where the vent is and so on....ha. Needless to say, I never parked there again. I don't agree with damaging people's property, but I think it all depends on the situation and if its more urban vs suburban.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:48 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
^ Wow Baltimore sounds horrible.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:27 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
This thread, as old as it really fascinates me. I have lived in Manasquan for most of my life. No one cares where you park on the street as long as you are not blocking a driveway. The notion that someone would be bothered by a car parking along the public road in front of a home is unimaginable to me. Maybe its a function of how far back your house is? Most of the houses here have a decent sized front yard, so could that be it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey