Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:52 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,611,624 times

Advertisements

I have a problem with parking my truck. The driveway is very tiny and only holds my girlfriends car. I made an offset in our back fence area for a pull in spot for my truck. I won't have money to pave it till next year. The city changed the laws this year making it illegal for me to park behind my own house. There is no parking allowed on the front of our street. I now have to park a block away in the only available spot. This spot is by the side of a house that has a corner lot with enough curb space to park six cars and a large double driveway. The woman that lives there parks in her driveway. From day one she had harrassed me, stating that it is her street, she lived there longer than us and is entitled to that area. It got to the point with her sticking notes on my truck and posting them on the trees and surrounding posts, then cussing me, that I had to call the police to explain what public meant. I understand people wanting to park in front of their own house, I would like to park in the same block. Especially when it is sub zero weather. Maybe the boy will be willing to park a couple spaces away if you ask. Sometimes people don't park all their vehicles in their drive so there is room for the other vehicle to back out. It's always better to ask than fume over it. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,481 times
We have 2 cars, 1 in our driveway, 1 on the street. We also have a water hydrant in front of our house. All the neighbors have 3 and 4 cars. We park our 1 car on the street, part in front of my house and part the next door neighbors. They to have a double driveway with 1 car in it, 2 cars and a parkway truck on the street parked all over. My wife mentioned the water hydrant in front of my house serves the neighborhood and we have only 1 car on the street. Sometimes the 1 spot we have is taken so we have to double in the driveway while others have more then 2 cars on the street. I get so aggravated as people don't consider we have the hydrant and need to park 1 car while they park all their vehicles on the street.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:09 AM

1,943 posts, read 6,982,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
We have 2 cars, 1 in our driveway, 1 on the street. We also have a water hydrant in front of our house. All the neighbors have 3 and 4 cars.
3 or 4 cars? That boggles my mind. That's like $32,000 a year spent on 2 tons of aluminum and plastic that just sits in the street or a parking lot for 21 hours a day.

Someone help me understand.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 AM

53 posts, read 120,333 times
In many towns they do not allow for cars to be out in the steet after a certain time, so if you town is like this just wake up early one morning and move your car to out infront of your house. Do this a couple of times and they will get the point.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 AM

730 posts, read 2,887,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
I did not miss parking on street at all while in JC. I would never,ever live in any area again where streets are littered with cars. ghetto style livin is what I called it.
Oh, so you would consider the Manhattan a ghetto then? What about South Beach FL? They are also littered with cars. How disgusting!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:06 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,668,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
Oh, so you would consider the Manhattan a ghetto then? What about South Beach FL? They are also littered with cars. How disgusting!!!!
"Ghetto style" <> "Ghetto".

I would agree though, that many cars is disgusting to me.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:48 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
Let me clarify, If you are cant afford your own parking spot or garage, you are living the life of ghetto parking!>!>!>!>!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,106 times
Default cars on street

I live in aberdeen,im fortunate to have a main rd in the front of my house and a high school across street so no one can park in front..our driveway is off the side street. my neighbors who's driveway is also on the side street and the front of their house is on the sidestreet.they have a driveway,they have 3 vehicles and a huge worktruck.now i dont care that they park on the street cause i have a driveway but in the summer when we have parties and barbeques they take up the whole street with their cars. when they have parties forget it. they take up 3 streets. oh did i mention what they put in thier driveway,a pool. i cant wait till winter,in our town you cant park on street when i snows. they have no room in drive to park all their cars. i cant wait to watch and laugh.we dont get along anyway. from the day they moved in.. oh well thats for another time.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:45 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Lucky me. We have 2 car garage and can park our 3 other cars in the driveway.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,623,259 times
slash his tires, maybe he'll get the hint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey