Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM

9 posts, read 32,540 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to Monroe, NJ (Middlesex County) and wifey would have to commute to Jersey City, NJ for her work - I tried searching on NJ Transit and Coach bus websites but no luck. Can someone please help? I am really not good at this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM

730 posts, read 2,887,248 times
More than likely you will have to drive to a NJ transit station and transfer at Newark to get to JC via the path. You will want to check out the parking situation as well at the station because it can be expensive/crowded to park at some.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Your best bet is probably the 64 bus which has stops in downtown J.C. Not sure which park & ride you're closer to, but I believe there's one in Manalapan and Old Bridge for the 64 bus.

Here's the schedule

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0064.pdf

Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM

Thank you guys....if it helps i am linking google maps below and if you type "morning glory dr, monroe, nj" is where we intend to move and not sure which one would be close by.... old bridge or manalapan? Please help. thanks again.

http://maps.google.com/

Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Looks like Princeton Junction train station is the closest which is about 10 miles west of that street. She'd go from there to Newark Penn Station and then get PATH train to J.C. Probably an hour and a half each way.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 PM

213 posts, read 350,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perini1975 View Post
Thank you guys....if it helps i am linking google maps below and if you type "morning glory dr, monroe, nj" is where we intend to move and not sure which one would be close by.... old bridge or manalapan? Please help. thanks again.

Google Maps
Manalapan would be closer to you, about 20 min drive., if you want to take the bus. It would be cheaper than parking at Princeton jct and catch nj transit. Lot of people carpool or use vanpool too to jersey city, because turnpike entrance is at about 2 miles.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM

I can not thank you enough guys. Appreciate it very much. Where would the bus take me from Manalapan? also can you please explain carpool or vanpool to Jersey City - how that would work? is there website i can register and join carpool group? how does turnpike entrance at 2 miles help?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 PM

anyone?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 14,697 times
Default hi

Hi

Just ran into your post! We are exactly in this situation right now. We are planning to move into the same morning glory dr by november/december. Husband needs to commute to jersey city. what did u guys figure out was the best way to do this after an year in the area? Please let me know so we will have an idea of the commute time etc.

Thanks so much in advance for any inputs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perini1975 View Post
I am thinking about moving to Monroe, NJ (Middlesex County) and wifey would have to commute to Jersey City, NJ for her work - I tried searching on NJ Transit and Coach bus websites but no luck. Can someone please help? I am really not good at this stuff.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,241 times
Hi,

What did you finally end up doing to travel to JC? I am looking to move there myself in the next 3-4 months and want to work out what my commute is going to be like. Getting a parking spot at princeton jn seems unrealistic anytime in the near future ...

-Aman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey