Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 01:51 PM

25 posts, read 122,850 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I have just started looking at Hoboken apt rentals and would love some advice. We're moving from the city and don't know too much about Hoboken yet. We definitely want a place close to the PATH train since we'll be commuting daily so we want to take a look at maybe 333 River Street building--any advice or other suggestions? Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 06:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
333 River is the best building near the Path in my opinion. The Shipyard uptown is also owned by the same company, Applied Management and is very nice as well. There is ferry service from the Shipyard to Midtown and Downtown and I think it is a nicer way to commute to the city than the Path, although it is a lot more expensive.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:49 PM

25 posts, read 122,850 times
Thanks! I was hoping we were on the right track because from all of the research I've done it seems like that was the best option in our price range. I've seen mixed reviews here and there online from people about that building and management company so I figured I'd ask people here directly. Also, no place is perfect, right? Just have to outweigh what the cons were which didn't seem to be clear. Thanks again!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixisprite View Post
Thanks! I was hoping we were on the right track because from all of the research I've done it seems like that was the best option in our price range. I've seen mixed reviews here and there online from people about that building and management company so I figured I'd ask people here directly. Also, no place is perfect, right? Just have to outweigh what the cons were which didn't seem to be clear. Thanks again!

I think you are on the right track, I have lived in an Applied building for the last 9 years and overall have been very satisfied.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,756 times
the beacon apartments in jersey city is a great place to live! I love it there! [url=http://www.thebeaconjc.com]Luxury Apartments New Jersey | Home | TheBeaconJC[/url]. The spa and pool are to die for!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njapts View Post
the beacon apartments in jersey city is a great place to live! I love it there! Luxury Apartments New Jersey | Home | TheBeaconJC. The spa and pool are to die for!
To die for eh? Well I mean considering the neighborhood...

Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njapts View Post
the beacon apartments in jersey city is a great place to live! I love it there! Luxury Apartments New Jersey | Home | TheBeaconJC. The spa and pool are to die for!
straight up the hood...move here if you want to sleep in terror the entire night.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM

117 posts, read 256,826 times
I lived in the shipyard last year in a building owned by applied management. I have a different opinion than everyone who replied to your post. My husband and I HATED living in the building! Ugh, the quality of their buildings are super poor. They definitely built these buildings fast with no consideration for aesthetics or luxury at all, even though they advertise as "luxury". The appliances are very cheap, laminate wood floors that sound like Potato chips when you walk on them, the bi-fold closet doors fall off the track, the layout makes no sense, crunchy cheap carpet, popcorn ceilings, and the lighting stinks. The doormen are nice but hardly check guests or people that enter the building. Applied Managment charges you a fee for EVERYTHING! The rents are expensive for such cheap quality. The elevators take forever because one is always shut down because someone is moving, usually out of here. There are a ton of babies and kids in the building which is nice for parents, but at the same time it is overwhelming.

We felt like everyone just lived on top of each other in the shipyard. There was no character at all and you're sort of seperated from the rest of Hoboken.

The only plus was that we lived next to the ferry, but we felt like the cons outweighed that one pro.

I heard 333 River isn't high quality for the price either. But people buy into it because of the location and amenities, ie doorman and gym.

In my opinion, I would rent an apt. in a brownstone to feel like you're a part of Hoboken. Plus they have more character and are solid buildings.

Oh and living on the river is loud. So many ships, helicopters, and what not going up and down the Hudson.

Ha, I can go on about Applied Management... Good luck!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,797 times
I wouldn't want to live there. First, the amount of money you'd be spending on a Hoboken apartment you could be spending on an actual house. Second, as others have posted the quality of this building (or the buildings near it) are not in the best long term condition. Third, I hope you like wind because in the winter it gets NASTY around the buildings near the waterfront.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,773,597 times
ignoring the people that just say dont live there, I have to agree with the person that says 333 and shipyard are a waste of money. One fee after another, and they calculate the exact rent increase each year that will prevent you from moviing (relator fees, move out fees, movers, ...)

There are plenty of nie buildings that are condos where you can rent from the owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey