Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:38 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why are gangs a problem? its only a problem if crimes are being committed and then isnt that what law enforcement is for?
WOW! CaptainNJ, I actually agree with you on an issue here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 10:44 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Guitar View Post
New Jersey, as beautiful as it is, it is plagued with Gangs. We have the Bloods, Crips, M13, and Latin Kings just to mention a few. However, the most vicious gangs in our State and nation are the Democrats and Republicans....!
I have been saying this for years. Politicians are all a bunch of snakes. We have these two political parties throwing dirt at each other and idiot US citizens with IQs of 6 who will vote for either a Dem no matter what or a Rep no matter what and either call themselves "Liberal" or "Conservative". Sure we have some independents, but if you are independent good luck getting elected because like I said, most people are too stupid to read into it all. The political system in this country, and thus every local government, just blows.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:08 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzytish View Post
I'm just curious about these hate groups (which definitely is a problem). Can you give more information about them? As for gangs, I can attest to the fact that they are destructive to children and teenagers alike. I met people who belonged to gangs (as teenagers they were looking to belong and be accepted by some group - and yes, often parents are ineffective, don't want to be involved or simply aren't there), and so ultimately, participating in gang activity had devastating consequences for them and they wound up in prison.

I haven't paid much attention to hate groups in NJ, but it sounds like it's getting worse.
Pardon me for being naive, but I thought gangs were hate groups and hate groups are gangs.

What's the difference? You mean the Latin Kings will recruit nice Jewish boys? I doubt it.
You mean that some Aryan group will accept black membership or not target white businesses for theft to raise money?

I read that when 911 happened federal investigators and undercover operatives swarmed New York City. That sent many of the gangs and the corrupt cops that they paid off into the suburbs and retirement. The gangs found they liked the burbs, having lots of innocent school kids with some spending cash to buy their products and having too small of a police force to deal with them.

Police are bought off. There is so much drug money and most everyone has a price. Yes, they are in suburbs. Often when there are drug busts they are busting the competition, the guys not paying off the cops.

Drug money corrupts and practically every one of us has his price.
It is fighting an uphill battle. We can see the results in some countries south of the border.

I can't see a way out of this but to legalize drugs. Cut the profit out of it. Destroy the income of the gangs and you destroy the gangs. There are whole Latin American countries that are controlled by drug money. We are fools if we think it is not happening here, that we are so different, so special.

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-22-2012 at 11:49 AM..

Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM

303 posts, read 920,044 times
Guy on mine crew who live in Patterson and he says the new gang up there now is the Tijuana chiwawas. The leaders of there gang all have chiwawas.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:40 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post
Guy on mine crew who live in Patterson and he says the new gang up there now is the Tijuana chiwawas. The leaders of there gang all have chiwawas.
Iron ore?
Coal?
Copper?

What are you mining in Paterson?

And..what the heck is a "chiwawa"?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:09 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Iron ore?
Coal?
Copper?

He obviously means 'my crew' and 'Chihuahua', the spelling of which I had to look up. Wise guy!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 PM

32 posts, read 36,926 times
I also dont think it helps either that Jersey inbetween two City that have alot of gang problems. Both NYC, and Philly are full of gangs. So i'm sure turf wars are a big deal in jersey. I mean Newark is closer to the Cty while camden is closer to philly. Two areas that are crime meccas of Jersey.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,682,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBRKlYN718 View Post
I also dont think it helps either that Jersey inbetween two City that have alot of gang problems. Both NYC, and Philly are full of gangs. So i'm sure turf wars are a big deal in jersey. I mean Newark is closer to the Cty while camden is closer to philly. Two areas that are crime meccas of Jersey.
One of my best friends is a NYC cop and when she used to go out on foot patrol she told me these stories about the various gangs in the neighborhood. Pretty sure it was predominantly the the Crips and Latin Kings in the area (Bronx) and if a member of the other gang simply walked across the street into the other gang's "territory" they were fair game to shoot. I honestly could not believe they would shoot someone for driving down the wrong block - some crazy Sh#t. She did say they very rarely committed serious crimes against those that were not affiliated with gangs but the main problem was innocent people were always getting caught/killed in the crossfire.

What I'd like to know is if you can never leave a gang once you're in, what happens when you get old? You don't see 50 year olds' names when gang activity occurs. My friend said it's because they don't live that long but some have to, don't they?

Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 PM

52 posts, read 251,934 times
In South Jersey the prime hub for gangs is the most dangerous city in America Camden. Gangs don't crap where they eat and a lot of them reside in the suburbs and sell product in Camden. Lindenwold I know has issues with gangs. Gloucester Twp pd says they have gangs . But I don't know where. I am not sure people act like there in Brittany Woods near Erial but who knows. Other than that maybe Autumn Ridge Apts in Blackwood and parts of Laurel RD , Gibbsboro Rd in Lindenwold, and blackwood clementon rd in Pine Hill near Crown Fried. That's where I would guess. Am I right? All those areas seem to have really shady characters walking around at weird hours at night. I might be wrong but that's were I would guess. Other people say Winslow Twp section of Sicklerville is experiencing gangs certain areas like Lehigh Manor Manor Hall I don't know if this is true though. Look at NJSP 2011 gang survey they show list of gangs within specific towns. However remember that just because your town notes a presence does not mean you have a gang problem. A gang presence and a gang problem are two totally different things. I know gangs are everywhere in South jersey but excluding Camden wouldn't you say these have to be the other mini hubs throughout Camden County. Would like to hear someone else on their opinion.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:01 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Iron ore?
Coal?
Copper?

I for one would be terrified of a gang coming at me holding chiwawas.

There's a German gang in Berlin that has mini schnauzers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey