Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 AM

2,729 posts, read 6,089,252 times

Advertisements

Hello! I recently went to the Monmouth Beach club on a guest pass with a member. We went with our kids to the kiddie pool, but didn't go to the beach. Is that beach public - can anyone buy a tag? I found it was easy to park and looked like a nice, small beach. I'm wondering if I could go there and just buy a tag. Or if there is some other place to enter. Thanks!

(I don't want to ask my friend. She just had a new baby and I don't want to seem like I'm angling for an invite or the use of her pass)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM

just bumping...

Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,494,290 times
I know those towns have certain access points to the beach marked "Public Access". I've seen a few of those. The trick might be where can you park a car?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I know those towns have certain access points to the beach marked "Public Access". I've seen a few of those. The trick might be where can you park a car?
Thanks! I guess I could drive around but I don't feel like it. LOL. When I went to the club with my friend it was actually very easy to park, that's why I was thinking of that beach. I like Sandy Hook but now they charge until 5pm instead of 4. The club entrance is on Valentine Street, it would be great if I could just pay at that entrance. Do the clubs actually have sections of the beach roped off for them? Or once you are on the beach it's all open?

Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,494,290 times
Not sure how the private clubs work. We bought a season pass to Sandy Hook for $75 but only used it few times so far. sometimes on good weather weekends it fills up regardless.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM

My son still naps, so we don't do that many beach days. When he's older I might do the Sandy Hook pass, but I don't think we'll go much on weekends. My husband doesn't love the beach! So I might be able to just do days at the smaller beaches.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:36 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,435,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Hello! I recently went to the Monmouth Beach club on a guest pass with a member. We went with our kids to the kiddie pool, but didn't go to the beach. Is that beach public - can anyone buy a tag? I found it was easy to park and looked like a nice, small beach. I'm wondering if I could go there and just buy a tag. Or if there is some other place to enter. Thanks!

(I don't want to ask my friend. She just had a new baby and I don't want to seem like I'm angling for an invite or the use of her pass)
You might want to consider going down the street a short bit to Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park. It is part of the county park system, and has all the amenities, including rest rooms and plenty of parking. There is a small entrance fee (I believe it is $7 per adult, parking included). Great alternative to bothering your friend the new mom.

KoalaNJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: