U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,760 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

i am looking to buy townhome in south brunswick, west windsor-plainsboro, monroe area.
would appreciate advice(especially with young children) who bought townhomes in these areas or other near by townships.

following are my requirements:
budget--under 300-325
built with in 15 years.
good school district
good community for kids play - i have a 3yr old son
montissori, pre-schools, elementary
commute -- preferably under 45 min. i work near quakerbridge mall, hamilton
reasonable resale value - 5 year down the lane would like to sell

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,582,832 times
Monroe Township is going to be cheapest of all the 3 you mentioned, but I don't know of any townhouses that fit your needs. It is mostly 55+ houses or single-family homes $375K+.

There are some townhouses in East Windsor in the Windsor Meadows subdivision just north of Hightstown.
East Windsor, NJ Real Estate and East Windsor, NJ Homes For Sale
Be sure to get a townhouse with a basement. Those without have the furnace in the attic. Very inefficient.
I looked there before buying my house in Monroe Township.

South Brunswick, West Windsor-Plainsboro are pricey.

Try searching on realtor.com

Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 AM

92 posts, read 316,528 times
Would you be ok with condos?

Plainsboro has a lot of condos (2-3 BR) for sale within/below your budget. Not sure when they were built though.
They generally are family friendly with playgrounds or other amenities for leisure.

There is the Montessori Corner which has a campus right behind the Princeton Meadows shopping center which takes kids until kindergarten and another campus (Montessori Country Day) through elementary school.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:21 PM

303 posts, read 868,177 times
You can find plenty in you're price range buddy boy. Ignore the asking prices on zillow etc, theres over supply of townhomes in all NJ especially 2 BR no one wants them everyones trying to sell em. You see a townhome out there for $420k offer $350K and you'll get a surprise.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 PM

24,661 posts, read 36,294,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
Monroe Township is going to be cheapest of all the 3 you mentioned, but I don't know of any townhouses that fit your needs. It is mostly 55+ houses or single-family homes $375K+.

There are some townhouses in East Windsor in the Windsor Meadows subdivision just north of Hightstown.
East Windsor, NJ Real Estate and East Windsor, NJ Homes For Sale
Be sure to get a townhouse with a basement. Those without have the furnace in the attic. Very inefficient.
I looked there before buying my house in Monroe Township.

South Brunswick, West Windsor-Plainsboro are pricey.

Try searching on realtor.com
East Windsor does not meet the "good school district" requirement the OP specified.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,577 times
Hello EveryOne, Looking to buy a Townhouse in South Brunswich School Dist. There are multiple listing available but we are not able to pick the best. Please share your experience on good community to choose, We need your help...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey