Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,614,512 times

Advertisements

Keep him where he belongs forever!!!!!!!

N.J. man convicted of murdering baby daughter by throwing her off bridge | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,509,141 times
I see this dead thread has been resurrected again. There was never much doubt about this esp since the guy confessed at least five times and never denied anything. Frankly this has been discussed and rehashed ad nauseum and I and most other people don't want to think about it anymore.
Unless people wanted to honestly nd openly discuss real ways to prevent this from happening in the future, BUT I find 99.99% of people are to prejudiced or vengeful to be honest or helpful.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 AM

Thinking about these types of incidences I see humanity still in the relatively dark ages, meaning people commit bad acts and are then punished and tortured. Very primitive in the overall development of humankind.While great advances have been made in solving crimes, etc., I see someday in the far off future when we might be able to prevent such things from happening in the first place.. maybe in our next lifetimes.

How far off is anyone's guess. One or two decades ago someone was quoted as "Only diplomats or high executives will be able to afford cell phones", now even some homeless people have a cellphone in their pocket.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 AM

206 posts, read 568,665 times
Quote:
I see someday in the far off future when we might be able to prevent such things from happening in the first place.. maybe in our next lifetimes.
Never happen!

As long as there are two people left on this planet, they will be at each others throats.

It is the nature of humans to be destructive without any thought of the consequences.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggjfg View Post
Never happen!

As long as there are two people left on this planet, they will be at each others throats.

It is the nature of humans to be destructive without any thought of the consequences.
And we used to run around in the woods and trees,,,,
evolution is a slow process, as I can see

Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,765,371 times
Could any of you invent the light bulb? I know I couldn't. My point is there are very few smart people out there that made life easier for the rest of us. So, yeah we are a bunch of moron animals who have easy lives because of a small percentage of smart people.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 AM

Invent the lightbulb? Well by now yes, dammit. Some of us could fly the lightbulb to the moon and back.
I guess this is why I shake my head when people come out with lit torches and storm Dracula's castle all the time.
There are a lot more complex tasks and challenges than light bulbs going on. That is primitive and basic in retrospect. Ok enough, lets revisit 1000 years down the road.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 AM

132 posts, read 518,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggjfg View Post
Never happen!

I think most rational people think of the consequences...I know I sure do or I would be ramming every idiot that cuts me off on the parkway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey