Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,092,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus282 View Post
The NE Corridor is unbelievably unreliable. I would recommend the bus.
This post is unbelievably unreliable. NE Corridor rarely lets me down. Last year was a little worse than others with a couple of delays due to track issues. But 99% of the time, it's dead on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 03:48 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,008,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This post is unbelievably unreliable. NE Corridor rarely lets me down. Last year was a little worse than others with a couple of delays due to track issues. But 99% of the time, it's dead on.
Let me cosign this. Besides an abnormal number of delays during the summer of 2011, the NEC cant be beat. There is a reason its the busiest line on NJT, and that is becuase its the most reliable.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,114,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Let me cosign this. Besides an abnormal number of delays during the summer of 2011, the NEC cant be beat. There is a reason its the busiest line on NJT, and that is becuase its the most reliable.
Well, that and the fact that it hits a bunch of larger cities (Elizabeth, New Brunswick, Trenton, etc) and doesn't have as much competition from parallel bus lines.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 PM

13 posts, read 37,968 times
OP here. I tried the commute and found that it wasn't hard to get a seat. However, both the NY-bound train in the morning and the trenton-bound train in the evening had surprisingly uncomfortable seats. What's up with that? Was I unlucky, or are you train people silently suffering in these unpadded, single-spring seats every day? This is much worse than even the old trains that LIRR uses.

Starting to think a bus might provide a more comfortable commute.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:29 PM

I always ride the double-decker trains which are new. I never find it uncomfortable. What color were the seats? The brown seats are the oldest carts. The blue (non double-decker) are slightly old. The double-decker are new.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,252,516 times
Quote:
I always ride the double-decker trains which are new. I never find it uncomfortable. What color were the seats? The brown seats are the oldest carts. The blue (non double-decker) are slightly old. The double-decker are new.
There are 2 types of cars with brown seats, one that is quite new is pretty comfortable. But you know the old one when you see it!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 AM

13 posts, read 37,968 times
Quote:
In the morning the seats were blue (but looked and felt quite old). In the evening the seats were brown. When do the double deckers run on the NEC?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetsaregood View Post
In the morning the seats were blue (but looked and felt quite old). In the evening the seats were brown. When do the double deckers run on the NEC?
I see them during peak hours all the time. But I also ride the express, which isn't an option for you. Maybe Nexis (Our resident NJTransit employee) can chime in about when the double deckers hit Edison.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,818,872 times
Quote:
I see them during peak hours all the time. But I also ride the express, which isn't an option for you. Maybe Nexis (Our resident NJTransit employee) can chime in about when the double deckers hit Edison.
I'm not a Transit Employee , i'm a Transit Advocate... Ive never heard of an Express to Edison , nor Metchuen... The Only Express stations are Rahway , Metropark , New Brunswick , Jersey Ave , Princeton , Hamilton and Trenton.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:32 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,172,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I'm not a Transit Employee , i'm a Transit Advocate... Ive never heard of an Express to Edison , nor Metchuen... The Only Express stations are Rahway , Metropark , New Brunswick , Jersey Ave , Princeton , Hamilton and Trenton.
A look at the schedule reveals that there are a lot of trains which leave Princeton Jct, stop at New Brunswick, Edison, Metuchen, and Metropark, then express to EWR or Newark Penn Station. Technically, none of these is an express to Edison or Metuchen, but they're a lot faster than the locals which stop everywhere between Metropark and Newark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey