Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Even the bigot of bigots, Adolph Hitler, made some exceptions for those of the Jewish faith whom he deemed to be valuable to the Nazi cause.

If he could derive some benefit from their scientific or technical knowledge, he would grant certain Jews the status of "Honorary Aryans", thus sparing them from confiscation of their assets and sentencing to a death camp.

Thus, your "love" for one Jewish person proves nothing.

If you would like to learn some history of which you were undoubtedly unaware, take a look at:
Honorary Aryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you are trying to compare my opinion/views with an evil Nazi leader named Adolf Hitler ?

It's sad and it sucks not being able to discuss something that has to do with Jewish people, whether it's good or bad just because what happened almost a century ago. Sad that people tend to forget other holocausts that occured throughout the history, such as the Armenian genocide during WWI when Islamic radicals murdered millions of Christians in Ottoman Empire (Turkey).

Old 10-02-2012, 06:15 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Are Jewish people bigots?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,681,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
And you are trying to compare my opinion/views with an evil Nazi leader named Adolf Hitler ?

It's sad and it sucks not being able to discuss something that has to do with Jewish people, whether it's good or bad just because what happened almost a century ago. Sad that people tend to forget other holocausts that occured throughout the history, such as the Armenian genocide during WWI when Islamic radicals murdered millions of Christians in Ottoman Empire (Turkey).
No, he's saying you're a bigot. Hitler was an evil genius who kept his true agenda hidden until he had the control, man power and fear he needed to accomplish his goals.

You are quite transparent. If your true reasoning behind your post was the kids get too much time off you would also mention other holidays, other than Jewish ones, to make your case. Why not complain about teacher's conferences (as others have pointed out)? Or why do predominantly white districts have MLK Jr. day off? Why President's day? What does anyone have to do with that? I live in Lakewood, which is probably at least 75% Jewish. Should the Christians, who are in the minority, be required to go to school on Christmas while the Jews get their holidays off? According to your "minority/majority" argument, they should.

What do other holocausts have to do with anything? No one said other religions/ethnic groups were not discriminated against. Again, you are trying to diminish the Jewish holocaust for no apparent reason. It was never even mentioned.

I'm agnostic and could care less about religious observances but I believe in "live and let live" and respect the views of others, just don't push your agenda on me. From your previous posts you are indeed looking like a bigot and I'd have to agree with Retriever on this one.

Last edited by GoYanks34; 10-02-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 02:41 PM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Practicably speaking, when you're dealing with a near-plurality/plurality of Jews in Districts like Livingston and Cherry Hill, and a good quarter or more of the students (much less the teachers/administrators, education being a traditionally Jewish-heavy occupation in the Northeast) are going to be missing anyway, might as well save everyone the hassle and take off. New Jersey happens to have the second-highest concentration of Jews in the country, and given that Jews are more prone to cluster, as opposed to spread out, it makes sense that while lot of Districts see fit to give off for the Jewish High Holy Days, a lot of others do not. I wouldn't be surprised if heavily-Indian Districts like Edison gave off for some Hindu holidays. As long as it's a district-by-district choice, I don't see what the issue is.

Per federal requirements, public schools are required to meet 180 days of the year; don't kid yourself and think the State is just rearing up to pour more money down the tubes to mandate additional class time. Giving off for a holiday here and there doesn't "disrupt the learning process" so much as make the school year end a bit later. If it weren't Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Christmas, and Easter, students would simply be getting additional time off in the name of "in-school development" and "vacation" days.

Edit: I just read through this thread a bit more thoroughly. The OP is either a mediocre troll or the world's dumbest casual anti-Semite.

Also, as far as spotting Jewish names goes, you're going to get a very incomplete/inaccurate list if you pick out all the -steins, -bergs, and -mans on a list and call it a day. First, a lot of these names, although overwhelmingly adopted by Jews, are ultimately German in origin, and the number of ethnically Gentile Meyers, Rosens, and Steins out there is not insignificant. Second, many Jews sport anglicized names; the third-most common American Jewish surname after Cohen and Levy is Miller, typically anglicized from the German/Yiddish Muller (which, itself, is not a distinctly Jewish surname). There are a lot of Jews with surnames like Davis, Simmons, and Peters.

Last edited by ElijahAstin; 10-03-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Edit: I just read through this thread a bit more thoroughly. The OP is either a mediocre troll or the world's dumbest casual anti-Semite..
See this is why it is impossible to ask/discuss anything about Jews and their religion. Non-Jews constantly get attacked just by opening or disagree with anything about them.

Why not start calling Jews for Anti-Christians for being against Christianity, and everybody should know why.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
See this is why it is impossible to ask/discuss anything about Jews and their religion. Non-Jews constantly get attacked just by opening or disagree with anything about them.

Why not start calling Jews for Anti-Christians for being against Christianity, and everybody should know why.
There's nothing anti-Semitic in your insinuations--no, direct allegations--that Jews control America with the specific purpose of keeping the white man down.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
Except this 'conversation' isn't about Jews. The topic is "Why are public schools closed for Jewish holidays in NJ?". That's a concise question and not about "Jews" directly, but the reasoning behind why some districts close for those holidays. The reason why was very clearly explained. You are the one who apparently thinks the reason is because Jews are 'oppressing' Christians and trying to control the country. Those statements are ludicrous and are why you are being heavily criticized. It is quite obvious that you are engaging in a thinly veiled attempt to discuss what you see as some "vast Jewish conspiracy" to control the nation.

Quote:
I know plenty of Jews and have several Jewish friends. I have never known any of them to be anti-Christian. I've attended Synagogue's several times for different events and never felt anything but welcomed, something most Jews probably wouldn't feel in the average Christian Church. Jews not accepting Jesus as the Messiah does not inherently equal them being anti-Christian.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:26 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
As long as the kids are spending the required number of days in school, I don't see what the objection is.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM

367 posts, read 959,619 times
Why are public schools closed for Jewish holidays in NJ?

The tail with political muscle wagging the dog.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
The tail with political muscle wagging the dog.

Also, what's with the "Nazi jerky" business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey