Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

The OP sounds very similar to another poster who had a lot to say in one of the Blue Law threads we had a while back who now seems to be "not a member".

Old 09-20-2012, 08:47 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
The OP sounds very similar to another poster who had a lot to say in one of the Blue Law threads we had a while back who now seems to be "not a member".

What do blue laws and another 'not a member' poster have to do with this thread?

Please keep it to this topic.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 AM

862 posts, read 519,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Actually most of the time it's easy to tell if a person is Jewish or not. Yes, a Jew could rarely have a last name that sounds Non-Jewish, but that's not very common.

Jews are only 2% of the U.S. population (5.5% in NJ, 8% in NY) yet it seems like they are much much higher and take control over the public sect and tries to shovel down their religion in our throats despite being minority. I don't want anything public to be closed on Jewish holidays because they are minority and majority should not suffer. Sorry but America is not Israel nor is it a Jewish country even though Christians are very tolerant and tries to include 'Judeo-Christian' term. I wonder if Israel will ever include 'Christo-Jewish state' or 'Judeo-Christian'. I also feel disgusted for having Sunday a regular working day in Israel just so they could make Christians have smack in the face!

Christians do suffer a lot because someone may feel 'insulted' for saying 'Christmas, Easter, Jesus, etc.' because of the Jews. This is very sad and ridiculous!
Obvious troll is obvious

Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
[quote=AnesthesiaMD;26172730]
But if you are going down the roster, trying to determine which teachers are Jewish by their names, don't you think you are a little obsessed with Jews? I mean, that's not exactly normal behavior. [quote]

It's interesting that the OP has not seen fit to respond to this very valid point.

By now, I think it is obvious to most members of this forum that the OP has a definite agenda, and it is an agenda that is...not attractive to most broad-minded people.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:

Most children are suffering and stop learning by having to stay home,

Using your logic, school would be 7 days a week, 365 days per year.

That's what homework is for - and that's a parent's job - to reinforce skills learned in school.

and most parents' are working so we need to pay for babysitter or taking day off from work. Exactly what you need to do - whether it's a Jewish, Christian, secular day off, it's your job. You signed on to that job when you decided to have a child. That's not the job of the schools.

Jewish students/teacher should just be able to request off, and don't force the majority to stay home instead of learning!

I always believed that when you decide to raise a child, that's your first job; the one that pays you is your 2nd job.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Actually most of the time it's easy to tell if a person is Jewish or not. Yes, a Jew could rarely have a last name that sounds Non-Jewish, but that's not very common.

Jews are only 2% of the U.S. population (5.5% in NJ, 8% in NY) yet it seems like they are much much higher and take control over the public sect and tries to shovel down their religion in our throats despite being minority. I don't want anything public to be closed on Jewish holidays because they are minority and majority should not suffer. Sorry but America is not Israel nor is it a Jewish country even though Christians are very tolerant and tries to include 'Judeo-Christian' term. I wonder if Israel will ever include 'Christo-Jewish state' or 'Judeo-Christian'. I also feel disgusted for having Sunday a regular working day in Israel just so they could make Christians have smack in the face!

Christians do suffer a lot because someone may feel 'insulted' for saying 'Christmas, Easter, Jesus, etc.' because of the Jews. This is very sad and ridiculous!
I am absolutely shocked that you would have such views considering that based on your posting history, you seem to have dedicated your life to worshipping and convincing others to worship a Jewish carpenter from Israel.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:22 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post

Oh yeah, this has riveredge written all over it.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm sure from past experience each school district has an idea of how many substitutes they will need to hire when they hold classes on Jewish holidays.

You can't tell by names. That method only goes so far. When people hear my last name they think I am Irish. As a Jew, I couldn't care less if they hold school on the holidays, as long as my kid's absence is not punitive. Most Jews that I know feel the same way.

But if you are going down the roster, trying to determine which teachers are Jewish by their names, don't you think you are a little obsessed with Jews? I mean, that's not exactly normal behavior. Especially when one examines your posts in other threads that you have started. Why do you spend so much time worrying about Jews and what they are doing?
Conversely, my name sounds Jewish, but I'm Irish.

In the words of the famous Ace Ventura Pet Detective...."obsess much?".

Old 09-20-2012, 02:52 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Conversely, my name sounds Jewish, but I'm Irish.

In the words of the famous Ace Ventura Pet Detective...."obsess much?".
For a minute there, I thought I lost my vote. Thanks for covering for my inadequacies on the teacher's roster.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 09-20-2012 at 03:12 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 PM

265 posts, read 597,578 times
Quote:
Also if school calendars put Jewish holidays on the list of days off, then 'Spring Break' should be called 'Easter Break' and 'Winter recess' for 'Christmas & New Year's break'.
I like the way NYC school system did it.
Rosh Hashona and Yom Kippor are specific holidays, while Winter Recess includes Christmas, New Years and (sometimes Chanakah). Spring Break usually includes Easter and Passover.

I understand your questioning of closing schools for the holiday, but the tit-for-tat on holiday names is not necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey