U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,542 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for the shortest and most cost effective way to commute. As I've done my research thus far the problem I'm facing is that there aren't many options that take me directly into the financial district. I looked into summit train station to penn station but then I would need to take the subway. I could take the Path from harrison or something like that but im not sure if its cost effective having to get a monthly parking pass. I also looked into the bus but it seems most take you into port authority which is far from downtown. The office I'll be working at is right next to the ferry but im not sure if thats a worth while option. I just need some guidance as to what would be the best route. I'd like to do a dry run this week before I start next week. Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,035,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerboi19 View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for the shortest and most cost effective way to commute. As I've done my research thus far the problem I'm facing is that there aren't many options that take me directly into the financial district. I looked into summit train station to penn station but then I would need to take the subway. I could take the Path from harrison or something like that but im not sure if its cost effective having to get a monthly parking pass. I also looked into the bus but it seems most take you into port authority which is far from downtown. The office I'll be working at is right next to the ferry but im not sure if thats a worth while option. I just need some guidance as to what would be the best route. I'd like to do a dry run this week before I start next week. Thank you.
You can take the train from Summit to Hoboken and then take either the PATH to the WTC or the ferry, as both terminals are adjacent to the NJT station in Hoboken. I am not familiar with the costs, but it would mean parking @ Summit as well as a NJT pass and either the fee for the PATH or Ferry.

Another option is to take a NJT bus (I believe it is the 59) from Rte 22 and take that to Newark then take the PATH to the WTC. There is a park and ride lot in Summit with a Lakeland bus into NYC, (Parking cost is $40/mo) but as you mentioned that takes you to the port authority so you'd have to hop on a subway down to the financial dist.

My feeling is the train into Hoboken then either the PATH to the WTC or the Ferry will be the easiest & most reliable. (though the ferry is more expensive than PATH)

HTH
KoalaNJ

Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM

12,381 posts, read 24,490,816 times
If you live in Warren Township , then you have train stations along the Gladstone Branch @ Lyons , Millington , Stirling , Berkeley Heights , and along the Raritan Valley line @ Bound Brook , Bridgewater ,
Dunellen , and Plainfield.....the Raritan Valley tends to be more comfy then the Morristown and Gladstone branches...

Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM

127 posts, read 237,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
You can take the train from Summit to Hoboken and then take either the PATH to the WTC or the ferry, as both terminals are adjacent to the NJT station in Hoboken. I am not familiar with the costs, but it would mean parking @ Summit as well as a NJT pass and either the fee for the PATH or Ferry.

HTH
KoalaNJ
Or you can take the Midtown direct Gladstone line from Summit and go into Penn Station, then take the E train down into the Financial Dst.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM

12,381 posts, read 24,490,816 times
The Gladstone Branch goes to Hoboken , then you take the PATH to World Trade Center...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey