Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 07:48 PM

29 posts, read 120,755 times

Advertisements

Hey all? I'm a 25 year old male, and I will probably be working in Jersey City. I want to know if I could find a studio in a safe area for around $1,000? If you guys could let know which places are good and affordable and which places to avoid, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 AM

596 posts, read 895,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler87 View Post
Hey all? I'm a 25 year old male, and I will probably be working in Jersey City. I want to know if I could find a studio in a safe area for around $1,000? If you guys could let know which places are good and affordable and which places to avoid, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
I live in Downtown Jersey City, and generally speaking, this is very safe. Perception of safety is subjective, of course, but I think most people would agree that downtown Jersey City is very safe (but my perception is that other parts of Jersey City aren't nearly as safe as downtown).

Until February this year, I rented a one bedroom apartment on Coles Street, and the rent was $1,300 (I believe that this was a pretty good deal).

I would look for a roommate or for people who are renting two bedroom apartment and looking for a roommate. With combined $2,000, you should be able to find something in the area where you feel safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: