Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 AM

513 posts, read 1,167,124 times

Advertisements

Rutgers' 19-3 win over UConn isn't pretty, but a 5-0 record certainly is | NJ.com The Scarlet Knights are keeping it going! Lots of great talent here, lots to be happy about, go RU!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne10 View Post
Rutgers' 19-3 win over UConn isn't pretty, but a 5-0 record certainly is | NJ.com The Scarlet Knights are keeping it going! Lots of great talent here, lots to be happy about, go RU!!!
That's good news. Don't hear much about Rutgers down here. The NC locals cheer football like NJ residents cheer college grads. Different priorities.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 AM

513 posts, read 1,167,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
That's good news. Don't hear much about Rutgers down here. The NC locals cheer football like NJ residents cheer college grads. Different priorities.
I definitely get it. Check the ESPN poll tomorrow. We'll be climbing even higher. RU grads are everywhere.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
I was posting on another forum, that Rutgers will get a nat champ berth because all the other teams will cannibalize each other.

I am kind of a mixed bag about Rutgers. Boston College has always been my fave, and they are not getting the recruits from here like they used to because Rutgers is now an option. Syracuse is having the same problem, and I have like them too. They never should have fired Pasqualoni. Spaziani will be gone this year. If the Buccaneers flounder, maybe we will see Schiano back in the Northeast.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I was posting on another forum, that Rutgers will get a nat champ berth because all the other teams will cannibalize each other.

I am kind of a mixed bag about Rutgers. Boston College has always been my fave, and they are not getting the recruits from here like they used to because Rutgers is now an option. Syracuse is having the same problem, and I have like them too. They never should have fired Pasqualoni. Spaziani will be gone this year. If the Buccaneers flounder, maybe we will see Schiano back in the Northeast.
I like Notre Dame but also root for Rutgers. One thing against them is their really bad strength of schedule. You cannot be putting Howard University on the schedule (1-AA) and expect to be mentioned in the same breath as Alabama and Oregon. Plus the Big East has become a crummy conference compared to the ACC, SEC, Big 12, etc.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,934,574 times
I'm not a Rutgers grad, but I do hope their success on the gridiron earns them an invitation to join the ACC. That'll give me another excuse to visit my home state.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 AM

116 posts, read 238,815 times
Definitely are doing well and I'm pumped about it because I go to every home game. Big East has been down the past 2-3 years, BUT this year 3 teams are ranked, whereas 2 are ranked in the ACC and none in the BIG. So there is definitely some good football in the conference this year. We're strengthening the schedule and I hope we do more over the next few years. GO RU!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM

225 posts, read 352,284 times
Rutgers broke into the top 20 in the rankings this week. Hopefully they can keep it up. GO RUTGERS!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I like Notre Dame but also root for Rutgers. One thing against them is their really bad strength of schedule. You cannot be putting Howard University on the schedule (1-AA) and expect to be mentioned in the same breath as Alabama and Oregon. Plus the Big East has become a crummy conference compared to the ACC, SEC, Big 12, etc.
At least they went into SEC country and beat Arkansas in convincing manner. But yeh the Big East Teams have room for more out of conference teams because the league is small. They have like 4 spots open. They shouldnt book any D1AA teams. If they wish to pad their records, there exists plenty of mid majors that will make them look good.

That said, they are expanding soon. And will be adding teams from all over the country.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

Are you really from NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: