Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Yeah thats another great NY move. In fact just a couple of years ago a genius from NY driving a van full of people to Dorney Park missed the exit and tried backing up on 78. Killed a woman in the van and injured everybody else. He's in a PA prison now. Wrong-way driver in fatal I-78 ramp crash sentenced to up to 17 years in prison | lehighvalleylive.com
Crazy but typical NY motorist shenanigans. If I was that loser's lawyer I'd use the "NYC driver" defense. "Your honor, they're ALL horrible! This isn't even the worst thing my defendant did that week."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM

18 posts, read 40,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You think Ny drivers are bad?
You ain't seen nothing yet!
Check out Pa drivers.
They have Ny beat by a mile.
They want to drive 40 in the left lane.
So true! Drivers in PA take the cake for scary driving. 40mph in the left lane of a highway, no turn signals, ignore yield signs, running stop signs, it goes on and on. Not saying that NY or NJ drivers are great but the worst I've ever seen is in PA.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
If i continue to reside in this state, I sincerely hope the following things become normal features in cars, and that more people use them:

1. Adaptive cruise control (since moving to NJ, I've essentially never been able to use cruise control. My favorite is driving on some Interstates where traffic inexplicably goes from 20mph to 60mph and back to 20mph).
2. Break-assist technology. So many accidents in New Jersey are the result of people simply not paying attention, riding too close, etc. Studies have shown this feature reduces accidents by 14%. Say hello to insurance savings!!!!
3. Daytime running lights - then at least I can see when you're coming towards me at dusk or in the rain, even if I can't see your tail when I'm behind you and you don't turn your freaking lights on. My father taught me young to just always turn your lights on when driving on major roads such as Interstates or other 2 lane traffic roads.

I'm sure there are some others, but I really hope these things start filtering in so we can start seeing the safety benefits and hopefully insurance benefits.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2847 View Post
So true! Drivers in PA take the cake for scary driving. 40mph in the left lane of a highway, no turn signals, ignore yield signs, running stop signs, it goes on and on. Not saying that NY or NJ drivers are great but the worst I've ever seen is in PA.
those are NY and NJ people who have a home in the poconos and got PA plates.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
On Sunday I was heading to the Poconos and this New Yorker pulled the most dangerous stunt ever. I was on 476 North around Conshohocken, PA where it becomes a toll road and the two left lanes are nonstop EZPass lanes. Well, I'm in right EZPass lane when this New Yorker cuts right in front of me, slows down to maybe like 25, all while I'm slamming on the brakes and the horn, to get out of the EZPass lanes from the left lane at the last second. I really wish I were a cop and could have witnessed that from my patrol car.

I swear, this is far from an isolated incident. I just posted in this thread, too, before this happened. If you think, well, every state has their bad drivers and New Yorkers are no special case, there either aren't many New Yorkers driving where you live or you're blind. In general, they are really horrible at driving. If you think PA or any other state's drivers are even remotely as horrible, you are dead wrong! Maybe most cars with New York plates are from NYC and they don't drive a lot, but still think they can bring their aggressive, fast-paced lifestyle onto the roads. They need those new bright orange license plates they have, though, so that it's easier to spot them and be cautious. Kind of like NJ's Kyleigh's Law with teen drivers.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM

115 posts, read 195,563 times
I've seen bad drivers with all kinds of plates. Most of the time when I see a car drifting over into my lane, the driver is looking everywhere but in front of them. I've even noticed people looking BEHIND them!

So to all of you who feel whatever is going on IN your car is more important than what's going on OUTSIDE your car, I just have one request: If you MUST take your eyes off the road, please steer your car to the RIGHT instead of the LEFT.

Thank you.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
On Sunday I was heading to the Poconos and this New Yorker pulled the most dangerous stunt ever. I was on 476 North around Conshohocken, PA where it becomes a toll road and the two left lanes are nonstop EZPass lanes. Well, I'm in right EZPass lane when this New Yorker cuts right in front of me, slows down to maybe like 25, all while I'm slamming on the brakes and the horn, to get out of the EZPass lanes from the left lane at the last second. I really wish I were a cop and could have witnessed that from my patrol car.

I swear, this is far from an isolated incident. I just posted in this thread, too, before this happened. If you think, well, every state has their bad drivers and New Yorkers are no special case, there either aren't many New Yorkers driving where you live or you're blind. In general, they are really horrible at driving. If you think PA or any other state's drivers are even remotely as horrible, you are dead wrong! Maybe most cars with New York plates are from NYC and they don't drive a lot, but still think they can bring their aggressive, fast-paced lifestyle onto the roads. They need those new bright orange license plates they have, though, so that it's easier to spot them and be cautious. Kind of like NJ's Kyleigh's Law with teen drivers.
maybe south jersey is not part of this, but NY and NJ are consistently ranked the #1 and #2 worst states in surveys by auto clubs and other auto groups...

Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroyd View Post
I've seen bad drivers with all kinds of plates. Most of the time when I see a car drifting over into my lane, the driver is looking everywhere but in front of them. I've even noticed people looking BEHIND them!

So to all of you who feel whatever is going on IN your car is more important than what's going on OUTSIDE your car, I just have one request: If you MUST take your eyes off the road, please steer your car to the RIGHT instead of the LEFT.

Thank you.
except for all of you that cruise in the left land....don't steer right!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
If i continue to reside in this state, I sincerely hope the following things become normal features in cars, and that more people use them:

1. Adaptive cruise control (since moving to NJ, I've essentially never been able to use cruise control. My favorite is driving on some Interstates where traffic inexplicably goes from 20mph to 60mph and back to 20mph).
2. Break-assist technology. So many accidents in New Jersey are the result of people simply not paying attention, riding too close, etc. Studies have shown this feature reduces accidents by 14%. Say hello to insurance savings!!!!
3. Daytime running lights - then at least I can see when you're coming towards me at dusk or in the rain, even if I can't see your tail when I'm behind you and you don't turn your freaking lights on. My father taught me young to just always turn your lights on when driving on major roads such as Interstates or other 2 lane traffic roads.

I'm sure there are some others, but I really hope these things start filtering in so we can start seeing the safety benefits and hopefully insurance benefits.
I'd like to add to that list a feature that automatically turns the headlights on when the wipers are on (or should be on). I'll never understand the stupidity of people who will drive in pouring rain or blinding snow and not turn on their headlights.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:19 AM

115 posts, read 195,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
except for all of you that cruise in the left land....don't steer right!!!
LOL! How about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey