Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:23 PM

385 posts, read 1,175,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post
Thanks for your help.

Now I am looking at the 21st Century Auto Group stop. I could possibly park in the "Bob's Stores" plaza across 22 and walk over 22 on South Springfield Ave.
that's a good idea, as when you get back from pabt, the bus stops on 22 right outside the shops parking lot. but be careful, there is no sidewalk leading up to bridge over 22, you'll have to walk on grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,773,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slope95 View Post
that's a good idea, as when you get back from pabt, the bus stops on 22 right outside the shops parking lot. but be careful, there is no sidewalk leading up to bridge over 22, you'll have to walk on grass.
And you don't think you will get towed since "Bob" pays for the lot so people can park for the store and doesn't want it filled with commuters

Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM

385 posts, read 1,175,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
And you don't think you will get towed since "Bob" pays for the lot so people can park for the store and doesn't want it filled with commuters
according to nj state law, they cannot tow unless there are large signs at all entrances, just checked street view, and as of when the street view photos were taken, there are no signs, so the op should be ok to park.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:11 AM

312 posts, read 686,132 times
I would probably check with the store manager before I decided to just start parking there. I am just trying to figure out if this option is even viable before I do that.

This is part of the reason I am surprised there is no good way to get to 22 Eastbound at Echo Plaza - there is a park and ride (or possibly municipal) lot right there for the purpose of catching the bus.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:26 PM

101 posts, read 460,711 times
Quote:
Thanks for your help.

Now I am looking at the 21st Century Auto Group stop. I could possibly park in the "Bob's Stores" plaza across 22 and walk over 22 on South Springfield Ave.
I live right by there, and know of people who have crossed over to catch the 114x right there at the auto group for their commute. Just be careful with South Springfield Avenue walking, not much of a sidewalk there. I've crossed over on non busy day, I can imagine it gets a bit hectic rush hour. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Sheila

Old 04-20-2014, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,082 times
Did you try this? If so, how did it go? I'm researching doing the same thing...considering parking on a side street near Bob's, since at least there's an overpass on S. Springfield Ave to get across, even though it's a footpath and only partial sidewalk (still better than directly crossing Route 22).

Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 AM

312 posts, read 686,132 times
I haven't tried this yet. I did hear from some people that running across 22 isn't that bad. If you go to the Echo Plaza/Mountain Ave stop, you can at least take the Mountain Ave underpass to get half way there.

There is a lot right next to Echo Plaza that appears to be a commuter lot. Does anyone know anything about it? Does it cost anything to park there?

Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,082 times
Quote:
There is a lot right next to Echo Plaza that appears to be a commuter lot. Does anyone know anything about it? Does it cost anything to park there?
I noticed that too -- I think it's actually a Mountainside commuter lot. Been meaning to phone them, but haven't had the time...I guess the clerk's office? (908-232-2400 x237)

Old 06-05-2016, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,932 times
Can anyone provide the latest update on the best choice for walking and/or parking and getting to the east bound bus stop for Bus 114x in Springfield from the north side of RT 22 in Springfield?

Old 06-05-2016, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,932 times
Default What are the viable choices for getting to the Springfield Stop for Bus 114X?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admanb View Post
I noticed that too -- I think it's actually a Mountainside commuter lot. Been meaning to phone them, but haven't had the time...I guess the clerk's office? (908-232-2400 x237)
It's hard to believe that they set up a bus stop without providing a viable option for commuters to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey