Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 AM

13,384 posts, read 28,660,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Of course he does goofballs always attract more attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I don't think that he's going anywhere. He's having too much fun to leave. Did you notice that he has more rep points than you do?
Actually there was a period a few years ago where he was off the radar for quite some time...I had thought he finally got banned

Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,633,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Actually there was a period a few years ago where he was off the radar for quite some time...I had thought he finally got banned
yeah i thought that too

Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Sorry to bring something up from 3 months ago, but I was reading the comments about Hurricane Sandy, and your comments were disgusting. Not only are you 2 years old but I happen to live in Northern NJ and that was the worst storm to hit here since 1954. I doubt you even live in NJ and the only captain you are is captain bullcrap. You're too ignorant, I cannot believe no one here said anything earlier
because most who have been around here for a few years have him on out ignore list

Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,580,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
. People with decency & respect regarding their fellow human are in the minority.
to me, this is hilarious coming from you. i have seen you to be one of the most angry, hateful, bitter and judgmental person on these forums. you are completely oblivious to that fact though, you defend it whenever its pointed out to you. i actually like people and im not particularly picky about who i like. everyone is just in life to maximize their own quality of life. thats how i see everyone from the beginning and they have to do wrong in order for me to judge them negatively. i get into "debates" with many people on this forum but i assure you that i dont automatically think they are dumb or bad people simply for disagreeing with me. you are all sweeties to me, just like i am!

thank you for helping me maximize my quality of life a little bit more by getting riled up by my posts here. without people like you, what im trying to do here wouldnt work.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
because most who have been around here for a few years have him on out ignore list
most people who say they put me on ignore, never do. yet they like to repeat it over and over. PDD may not remember, but she responded directly to a recent post i made in the original newtown shooting thread, which was much later than the hurricane sandy threat which she claims to have ignored me since. im pretty sure colorfulchic said she ignored me the other day but i assure you she is reading this very post just like YOU are!!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM

41 posts, read 213,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it wasnt much of a "rainstorm," luckily didnt have much rain at all or my basement would have flooded. but jesus loves me so the water stopped a few inches from pouring into my basement floor. im sure i never mentioned Mantoloking since im not at all familiar with the place.

we all learned from this storm. can someone quote this post please, i want PDD to know that my generator has shipped today and i want to ask her some questions about setting it up.
Well Irene was the flooder but the storm surge was what caused the majority of the coastal damage. I never said you mentioned Mantoloking but when you said it wasnt that bad of a storm, take a good look at that place now.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Well Irene was the flooder but the storm surge was what caused the majority of the coastal damage. I never said you mentioned Mantoloking but when you said it wasnt that bad of a storm, take a good look at that place now.
i definitely underestimated its potential impact just like many others. i think its important to recognize that losing power isnt a tragedy and thats what most people dealt with and complain about. the people who lost homes definitely dealt with something terrible and of course i feel sorry for them. one thing i would say is that even if you were the only one who lost your home, then for you its the worst storm ever. thankfully, it wasnt so bad for me and in reality it wasnt so bad for most people. but if you were in a town like mantoloking, it was probably the worst storm you ever saw.

i have a generator on its way to me know along with a transfer switch. now i just need PDD to come to my house after its all delivered and hook it up!

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 01-24-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 AM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Quote:
I didn't notice. Maybe he was just suspended... or put on CD probation.

Does this have anything to do with the storm?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't notice. Maybe he was just suspended... or put on CD probation.

Does this have anything to do with the storm?
maybe

In a round about way as a poster and rightly so in my opinion thought Capt was being a tad callous in his assessment of Sandy related damage....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey