Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:01 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,027,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i actually think that people who stay in mandatory evacuation zones should get first priority when it comes to emergency services.
Sure, they can take that bunch out and straight to an involuntary hold in a mental hospital for being a threat to themselves and/or others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Why?
well, because they are in the most dangerous areas obviously.

im just kidding, i see no reason to help them until the area has been deemed safe to enter. i like to kid around sometimes. i think its funny but ive noticed nobody really appreciates it.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:

im just kidding, i see no reason to help them until the area has been deemed safe to enter. i like to kid around sometimes. i think its funny but ive noticed nobody really appreciates it.
If you had used a "" after your statement people would have known you were kidding.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM

88,533 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:

I do, but I tend to think it's more that you want certain people to think you are serious so that they will argue with you.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I do, but I tend to think it's more that you want certain people to think you are serious so that they will argue with you.
well, im stuck at home today so arguing on the internet and eating butterfingers is a big part of my day.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,475,860 times
There are simply times when the rescuers lives are in such danger that they cannot try and rescue anyone. Then it is triage to determine what to do and who to rescue first. Common sense prevails.

This is really nothing new. People have tried to ride out storms and then called for help even during the storm itself. They have been told no and after the danger to rescuers has passed, the needs are assessed. Does not matter the reason for staying. Some have died and some will continue to die.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,213,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm not being at all irrational. The irrational people are those who are refusing to evacuate even though they know that they are in a flood zone.

I can't believe the rationale of those baiting you in this discussion. Shame on them.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
I think that -if- they have to rescue anyone who rejected a mandatory evacuation order, then the people who get evacuated should be issued hefty fines to help cover the cost of their rescue, AND that of anyone who needed rescuing outside of an evacuation area.

So, let's say it cost $1000 to rescue Joe Smith in Evacuation Area Central. He should be fined $2000; one for himself, and one for a random stranger in Non-Evacuation Area.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I think that -if- they have to rescue anyone who rejected a mandatory evacuation order, then the people who get evacuated should be issued hefty fines to help cover the cost of their rescue, AND that of anyone who needed rescuing outside of an evacuation area.

So, let's say it cost $1000 to rescue Joe Smith in Evacuation Area Central. He should be fined $2000; one for himself, and one for a random stranger in Non-Evacuation Area.
I agree that they should be fined the entire cost of their rescue. I don't think it is possible to make them pay for someone else's rescue.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

Ha! They could only wish the cost would be $1000. It would be around to $3K, and that's a simple rescue with no swift water and no first aid/medical. If it's after the winds have passed and they use a helicopter, add $10K. If mutual aid is involved, add another $3K. If a paid crew is involved, tack on another $5K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey