Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

RegQ should have taken a stroll in beach haven on monday evening.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:54 AM

177 posts, read 197,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
How about you post a half way intelligent question rather than admitting you have limited experience in the state and are basing your opinion mostly on your assumptions? .
Name one assumption you think I made. My question was based on my observations when I have been in your state, driving through. Whether my observations told the whole story is what I'm looking to find out in an honest way. I could have lied and say I've been everywhere in the state to bolster what you think is some agenda but I didn't do that.

If you think I'm bashing your state, why don't you try telling me why I'm wrong, based on your erroneous assumption that I'm bashing your state in the first place?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 AM

35 posts, read 48,286 times
I was born in NJ, raised in PA, and moved back to NJ when I was 18 due to life circumstances at the time. I'm not a huge fan of NJ based on the reasons you listed, but those things are mostly found in Central NJ. That is your metro area hub that is overcrowded with commuters, cost of living is high and it generally lacks the natural beauty that a lot of other states may have. Don't get me wrong there are some nice parts but they will cost you money. Even the Jersey shore (which is ruined now) you have to pay to get on and it gets extremely crowded in the summer. Parts of Northern NJ are very beautiful with mountains and larger properties and artsy/country type towns but those areas are expensive. Just South of Central NJ, you again can find nice areas that are maybe affordable but the there is always a catch...usually if you live down south you need to commute longer to work or be lucky enough to work from home or locally; and some people don't like being far from the city-life, whether thats being farther from the commute to NYC or even an area like Hoboken which has a lot of bars clubs etc. When I was younger and in school full time I had to work two jobs just to afford a STUDIO in an OK part of Rahway...I couldn't wait to get out of NJ! That stress and the lack of nature that I was accustomed too growing up in PA was not worth it to me! But then I fell in love and got married...so here I am..still in NJ.lol

Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Are you looking for real information or to pick a fight. It sure seems like the latter. If you want actual information, New Jersey Tourism | New Jersey Travel and Vacation Information, Official State Tourism Site is a good place to start.
Thanks for the information because yes, I'm looking for information. The only one(s) looking to "pick a fight" are the ones who are giving these lame brain defensive responses to what is really a pretty straight forward question.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegQ View Post
Name one assumption you think I made. My question was based on my observations when I have been in your state, driving through. Whether my observations told the whole story is what I'm looking to find out in an honest way. I could have lied and say I've been everywhere in the state to bolster what you think is some agenda but I didn't do that.

If you think I'm bashing your state, why don't you try telling me why I'm wrong, based on your erroneous assumption that I'm bashing your state in the first place?
Because I'm not going to pander to your provocation and baiting you lousy troll. You think we're all friggen born yesterday? If you wanted to have a serious conversation and had legitimate questions about New Jersey your initial post wouldn't be littered with negative connotations.

And as others have pointed out, you ever heard of Google?

Get lost you clown.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Thanks for the information because yes, I'm looking for information. The only one(s) looking to "pick a fight" are the ones who are giving these lame brain defensive responses to what is really a pretty straight forward question.
The problem is that you worded the question in a way that made it look like you were picking a fight. Had you asked, "I'm looking for some scenic areas of NJ to visit that might resemble parts of New England" I think it would have gone over a whole lot better.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swtmarie View Post
I was born in NJ, raised in PA, and moved back to NJ when I was 18 due to life circumstances at the time. I'm not a huge fan of NJ based on the reasons you listed, but those things are mostly found in Central NJ. That is your metro area hub that is overcrowded with commuters, cost of living is high and it generally lacks the natural beauty that a lot of other states may have. Don't get me wrong there are some nice parts but they will cost you money. Even the Jersey shore (which is ruined now) you have to pay to get on and it gets extremely crowded in the summer. Parts of Northern NJ are very beautiful with mountains and larger properties and artsy/country type towns but those areas are expensive. Just South of Central NJ, you again can find nice areas that are maybe affordable but the there is always a catch...usually if you live down south you need to commute longer to work or be lucky enough to work from home or locally; and some people don't like being far from the city-life, whether thats being farther from the commute to NYC or even an area like Hoboken which has a lot of bars clubs etc. When I was younger and in school full time I had to work two jobs just to afford a STUDIO in an OK part of Rahway...I couldn't wait to get out of NJ! That stress and the lack of nature that I was accustomed too growing up in PA was not worth it to me! But then I fell in love and got married...so here I am..still in NJ.lol
Now,this is the kind of balanced, objective insight I was waiting for. That's all I'm looking for, lest anyone think I'm trolling.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,496 times
Quote:
The problem is that you worded the question in a way that made it look like you were picking a fight. Had you asked, "I'm looking for some scenic areas of NJ to visit that might resemble parts of New England" I think it would have gone over a whole lot better.
Ding ding ding!

But yea, sadly that didn't happen.

Also we just got devastated by possibly the worst storm in the state's history. So if we seem a bit touchy by you coming in here and saying "why would anyone wanna live here anyway!", it's because we are.

So again I say, get lost you clown.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Good point and yes, I worded the question the way I did to draw more attention to it. I just figured, I'd get more intelligent arguments from those who might have been offended.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Good point and yes, I worded the question the way I did to draw more attention to it. I just figured, I'd get more intelligent arguments from those who might have been offended.
you wont get intelligent arguments from people because intelligent people shouldnt feel the obligation to defend the state to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey