Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,076 times

Advertisements

Hi, Hoping someone can help...I need to get to Jersey City (off of JFK BLVD near Lincoln Park) from anywhere in Manhattan tonight after 1am. The PATH trains stop running at 10pm because of the hurricane & that's really making things difficult. I know there's those Gate 51 shuttle buses at Port Authority but do they run past midnight? Are there any buses running from Port Authority to Journal Sq?
I found bus 125 but the last trip appears to be midnight.

Wish there was an all night bus...

Any Jersey City travel expert out there with the easiest option...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 06:11 PM

207 posts, read 513,789 times
Easiest? Taxi.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:09 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,125 times
Late to respond, unfortunately, but here's my advice. I've been struggling with this, too. On Saturdays, the last NJ Transit 123 bus leaves the Port Authority at 1:45 am. It will take you only to Jersey City Heights, though (last stop at Christ Hospital).

Otherwise, taxi.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:32 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Tomorrow/Monday morning the Path will resume weekday service.

Mass Transit Updates: LIRR, PATH Service Return Monday: Gothamist

Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 PM

25 posts, read 99,702 times
^Music to my ears!

Also, as of right now taxi would be your only real option.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Tomorrow/Monday morning the Path will resume weekday service.

Mass Transit Updates: LIRR, PATH Service Return Monday: Gothamist
Gothamist doesn't know what it's talking about. PATH has been running between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. from Journal Square to 33rd St (skipping Christopher St and 9th St) since last Tuesday. The only change today was that it's now running to Newark and Harrison. It's still not running to Hoboken, Exchange Place or the World Trade Center (or Christopher St or 9th St, for totally irrational reasons), and it's still only running from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
It's still not running to Hoboken, Exchange Place or the World Trade Center (or Christopher St or 9th St, for totally irrational reasons), and it's still only running from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Right. They claim Christopher and 9th can't handle the volume. Yet every time there's a problem in the North River Tunnels, everyone on the Midtown Express lines ends up in Hoboken and totally packs the PATH trains -- and they keep Christopher and 9th open then. 9th will be partially open tomorrow.

BTW, if you got on at Harrison today, PATH was free. Don't know if the same will be true tomorrow.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM

207 posts, read 513,789 times
Prob not. 33rd was free the day it came back and then it wasn't the next day. I might be wrong though. Hope I am. This is awesome.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Right. They claim Christopher and 9th can't handle the volume. Yet every time there's a problem in the North River Tunnels, everyone on the Midtown Express lines ends up in Hoboken and totally packs the PATH trains -- and they keep Christopher and 9th open then. 9th will be partially open tomorrow.

BTW, if you got on at Harrison today, PATH was free. Don't know if the same will be true tomorrow.
The partial opening of 9th St will help a little bit. But the real problem right now is that 14th St is packed full. I was there at 6:30 pm yesterday, and it got so full they had to stop letting people in through the turnstiles. But it's mostly because 14th St is now handling all the passengers who would ordinarily get on at Christopher St or 9th St as well as at 14th St. Since neither 9th St nor Christopher St is easily accessible by subway and neither is in a commercial area, they're not busy stations, and certainly wouldn't be now, either, but keeping them closed is causing dangerous overcrowding at 14th St.

The partial opening at 9th St is a little bizarre, too. It's only open for passengers exiting the trains from 5 am to 9:30 am, then only for passengers getting on the trains from 9:30 am to 10 pm (but how will they stop people from getting off?).

Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 AM

573 posts, read 970,838 times
The path is so overloaded by the time it gets to newport, that I had to wait for 4 trains to pass before I could get onto one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey