Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times

Advertisements

My office is moving by the end of the year and one of the possible locations is just off of Route between Commerce Boulevard and Elizabeth Street. I live in Northwest Hunterdon County (High Bridge) and the office is currently in West Windsor. If you were to Google Map from my address to the current location of the office you'd see that it's about 58 minutes travel time, but an hour and ten to an hour and fifteen minutes is the norm during the morning and evening rush. I'm hoping that this new location might shave fifteen minutes or so off of my drive since it will be mostly highway (78 to 287) as opposed to all of the lights I now hit on Route 31. From my house to the office the route is as follows-I need to be in by 9:00 a.m. but most of the time leave earlier to be in by 8:30 to get a jump on things:

I-78 (I live less than five minutes from 78) East to I-287 South to Exit 9 (River Road), River Road to Route 18 South, Route 18 South to Route 1 South. It's about 6 miles on Route 1 South from 18 to the possible new location.

The commute home would be the reverse, leaving the office at 6:00 p.m. The potential tie ups I see are 78 right where I would get on at Route 31-I cross over that bridge every morning and its hit or miss-sometimes traffic is heading East at 75 MPH, sometimes its crawling. In my experience though that tends to thin out in the Readington area and once you get on 287 it's smooth sailing until you get to River Road which tends to be slow in the morning, plus then you have Route 18 and Route 1 to contend with. I'm wondering if it might be better to cut through Franklin (Jersey Avenue to Veronica Avenue to Amwell Road to Cedar Grove Lane, getting on 287 at Easton Avenue?)-not sure if the lights and local traffic would not make it worth the while. Anyway, if anyone has some insight I'd appreciate it-getting home at 6:50-7:00 vs. 7:15-7:30 may not seem like much, but it's the difference between getting home while my 14 month old is still awake vs. not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
I can't help totally Badfish, but I can say River Road SUCKS. I think I were you I'd get off at Exit 8 off 287 (Centennial/Knightsbridge), go straight through the light onto Knightsbridge, and make a right at the 2nd light (?) onto Hoes Lane and take that to 18 to avoid River Rd.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I can't help totally Badfish, but I can say River Road SUCKS. I think I were you I'd get off at Exit 8 off 287 (Centennial/Knightsbridge), go straight through the light onto Knightsbridge, and make a right at the 2nd light (?) onto Hoes Lane and take that to 18 to avoid River Rd.
Thanks for the tip! I've been on River Road a couple of times during rush hour and yeah, it does suck-I would imagine it floods at times also?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I've been on River Road a couple of times during rush hour and yeah, it does suck-I would imagine it floods at times also?
I don't have first hand knowledge, but yes, I imagine it would!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey