Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM

607 posts, read 958,232 times

Advertisements

Gettysburg Way is a nice area - up on a hill, relatively secluded from traffic. There are two complexes side by side thee on Pinebrook Rd, just down the road from the LP Nursing Home and the adjoining physical rehab center - who put on a really nice July 4th celebration each year.

Just up the hill from the center of town, and convenient to 23/46/80/287.

And you can get to the Preakness area in about 20 minutes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Some towns: Wayne, Cedar Grove, Verona, Little Falls (Little Falls floods a lot, though)

Wayne is big, and Cedar Grove and Verona are small towns. Very easy access to Wayne, though.

Ridgewood and Glen Ridge are for the wealthy.

Montclair is nice and interesting but renting is expensive, especially in the nicer areas.

Since you are renting, I'm including towns that I know have apartments or condos for rent.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM

386 posts, read 872,117 times
Wayne is known for flooding, car accidents, and for hiring a notoriously classless high school football coach.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM

513 posts, read 1,167,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
Gettysburg Way is a nice area - up on a hill, relatively secluded from traffic. There are two complexes side by side thee on Pinebrook Rd, just down the road from the LP Nursing Home and the adjoining physical rehab center - who put on a really nice July 4th celebration each year.

Just up the hill from the center of town, and convenient to 23/46/80/287.

And you can get to the Preakness area in about 20 minutes
Gettysburg Way area is alright, but be very careful in Lincoln Park. That area itself doesn't flood, but almost every road to get you there is impassable. And getting to the Preakness area of Wayne is more like a 40 minute ride during rush hour than a 20 minute one. I concur that Hawthorne is a good way to go. Lots of 2-family homes there. Lovely town, convenient, relatively easy commute too. Some people prefer to be away from the Paterson/Prospect Park border for neighborhood safety. The area in the center of town or the Glen Rock border is very pretty and safe. Totowa is also a great choice. Everybody knows everybody. Crime is low. Hard-working people who take pride in their homes. That's also a good option too. Keep letting us know about where you're looking and we'll give you the pros and cons.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM

Also, part of Lincoln Park Nursing Home is a behavioral health long-term care center with a very difficult to manage patients. They have been repeatedly cited by the state for sub-standard and very unsafe care of those patients. Here's a look at at their latest Medicare report card. It's very ugly: Medicare.gov

Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 PM

120 posts, read 167,472 times
@NJ07035
Thanks for the feedback on Gettysburg Way.

@ NewJerseyMemories
Listing the cities helps a lot! Thank you..

@maryanne10
I dont have a long list of rental options..have a few that i liked. I had loved the little falls unit and lenape trail. Both are rented out. Will probably make a new post with all the options i have your feedback is really helpful. thank you!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM

607 posts, read 958,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne10 View Post
Gettysburg Way area is alright, but be very careful in Lincoln Park. That area itself doesn't flood, but almost every road to get you there is impassable. And getting to the Preakness area of Wayne is more like a 40 minute ride during rush hour than a 20 minute one. I concur that Hawthorne is a good way to go. Lots of 2-family homes there. Lovely town, convenient, relatively easy commute too. Some people prefer to be away from the Paterson/Prospect Park border for neighborhood safety. The area in the center of town or the Glen Rock border is very pretty and safe. Totowa is also a great choice. Everybody knows everybody. Crime is low. Hard-working people who take pride in their homes. That's also a good option too. Keep letting us know about where you're looking and we'll give you the pros and cons.
Seeing as I live in Lincoln Park, I would disagree with your gloom and doom assessment. There is flooding, as there is in any of the towns in the surrounding area - such as Totowa, which you regard as a great choice. LP is made up of a citizenry who takes great pride in its town and has a great sense of camaraderie and looking out for each other.

As for the Nursing Home, the OP wasn't looking to move into it, so not sure why your posted report is relevant. For what its worth, though, the JDT Rehab Center next door has an excellent reputation.

I've done the ride to Preakness dozens of times at or near rush hour, and about 20 minutes is a fair estimate - could be longer, of course, but depending on where the endpoint is, some of the side roads will make the ride easier.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
Seeing as I live in Lincoln Park, I would disagree with your gloom and doom assessment. There is flooding, as there is in any of the towns in the surrounding area - such as Totowa, which you regard as a great choice. LP is made up of a citizenry who takes great pride in its town and has a great sense of camaraderie and looking out for each other.

As for the Nursing Home, the OP wasn't looking to move into it, so not sure why your posted report is relevant. For what its worth, though, the JDT Rehab Center next door has an excellent reputation.

I've done the ride to Preakness dozens of times at or near rush hour, and about 20 minutes is a fair estimate - could be longer, of course, but depending on where the endpoint is, some of the side roads will make the ride easier.
I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sorry. I worked at the Lincoln Park facility, but I would no longer be a part of that scam any longer. It is very poorly managed and very unsafe for both residents who live there and also for local residents, too. There are sexual assaults there on a regular basis which the administration tries to sweep under the carpet. (See Medicare survey). Some of the residents have committed murders and other very violent crimes. It is no secret in behavioral health circles that this is a shabby Medicaid mill with very unsafe and unethical conditions. Again, refer to my previously posted Medicare survey which lists sexual assaults as common-place and not addressed. Maybe you will think twice when you see that beautiful Independence Day celebration that the facility owners put on for your town. It's part of the scam. Also, the traffic across Wayne at rush hour is well-documented. Ask any Wayne school parent. It's a nightmare.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM

56 posts, read 108,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Some towns: Wayne, Cedar Grove, Verona, Little Falls (Little Falls floods a lot, though)
So does Wayne, Fairfield and Pompton Lakes...

Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 AM

10 posts, read 23,734 times
My advice is to stay out of NJ. High taxes, congestion and everything is expensive. I WISH I could find a job outside of NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey