Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,018 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Long Island to New Jersey for work. I have no idea where I should look. I want to live in a quiet safe area that is gay friendly and within a 30-50 minute commute to Elizabeth NJ. I am only seeking an apartment at this point, not a house. If anyone has suggestions on apartments as well, it would be much appreciated.
I am looking for something moderately priced, nothing crazy expensive and safe.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM

188 posts, read 189,533 times
Hi MovinOnUp1919,

I moved away from the area a few years ago but check out Westfield. It's a very nice town in Union County, not far from Elizabeth, with a great downtown shopping district.

Not knowing your price range or what size apartment you're looking for, I did a quick search for apartments below $1,500 in Westfield and found some examples at this Weichert site:

http://www.westfieldnj-rentals.com/h...nt/0-1500.html

Some of them are very near the downtown shopping district, close to restaurants, Trader Joe's, shops, a movie theater, and the NJ Transit train station and bus service is very close by.

Prices are going to be similar for any area that fits your description. You could also try Scotch Plains, Cranford and Clark. They're all in Union County and close to Elizabeth.

NJ.com also has rental listings for all those towns. Just Google the town name + NJ + rentals and look for the link to NJ.com listings.

Good luck at your new job and in your new apartment!

Last edited by bobd04; 12-04-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,775,740 times
My suggestion is read this:Questions For Future and Potential Residents

more info needed.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,502,890 times
Rahway might be a good possibility also. Almost anything is better than being stuck on an Island in my book.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 AM

11,337 posts, read 10,974,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinOnUp1919 View Post
I am moving from Long Island to New Jersey for work. I have no idea where I should look. I want to live in a quiet safe area that is gay friendly and within a 30-50 minute commute to Elizabeth NJ. I am only seeking an apartment at this point, not a house. If anyone has suggestions on apartments as well, it would be much appreciated.
I am looking for something moderately priced, nothing crazy expensive and safe.

Thanks!
South Plainfield might be a good possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey