Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:39 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxo View Post
Thanks for the advice.... I used to live in Paulus Hook and miss it very much. I've started looking into Weehawken but it doesn't have the same appeal as Paulus Hook.
I have driven past the new developments along the Hudson... but they don't seem that city-like at all.
I'm wondering if there are any communities inland that have good transportation.
If you're just looking for a decent commute to NYC, try Montclair, South Orange or Maplewood. They're not anywhere near as dense as Hoboken or downtown Jersey City, but they have decent transit and are filled with transplants from the Gold Coast and NYC. I think Westfield is often given as a good choice, too, though I know less about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM

6 posts, read 5,432 times
Montclair or maybe Rutherford. What's Bayonne like these days? There's a multi near my office with good potential. Message me if you want details. - Rich

Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM

478 posts, read 1,229,897 times
That post above was from me. Was logged in under wife's account.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxo View Post
Hi-
My I'm looking to purchase a multi-family home. I have my heart set on Paulus Hook or Hoboken however these places are slightly out of my price range. Can someone recommend other neighborhoods with similar characteristics to these two areas, that are preferably cheaper.

I'm looking far an area that is an easy commute to NYC, walk-able, has nightlife/restaurants, safe and dog friendly.
Thanks so much!
Jane
depends on how you define "similar", and what your priorities are (e.g. do you give alot of weight to the nightlife aspect)

of course, the closer you are to the river, the better (Sandy not withstanding), but anywhere along Blvd. East, or a block or two west of it, and you're still within reach of all the things you mentioned.

Alan Dixon on Sky News - US Masters Residential Property Fund - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey