Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 AM

135 posts, read 370,470 times

Advertisements

I can't think of its name, but I remember that there's a mountain, maybe in Bergen County, that has view of New Jersey and New York City. If it comes to mind, can you please help me out? I believe the viewpoint itself has a name. We have family who visit from out of the country and I think that'd be a nice place to bring them. We already bring them to Weehawken to show them the skyline of New York and they're always jaw-dropped. However I'd like to show New Jersey as well as the NYC skyline. Also it'd be a nice place to hike to with my friends. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM

Garret Mountain in Paterson is one, but I don't think that's the view I was looking for.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNJ View Post
Garret Mountain in Paterson is one, but I don't think that's the view I was looking for.
That's the one I was going to say! It has a great view of New York from the park called Garret Mountain, but the other side of it looking out toward Jersey is West Paterson/Woodland Park. Used to live in the apartments up there!

That's Passaic County.

Not sure if there's a view of the city from Ramapo Reservation in Mahwah--nice hiking spot, though.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Ramapo Reservation is very nice, but I don't think there is a view of NYC from there. At least none that I know of.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Ramapo Reservation is very nice, but I don't think there is a view of NYC from there. At least none that I know of.
Nah, I didn't think so, but my brother lived high up in Oakland not far from there and he could see the WTC on 9/11, so I thought maybe there was a spot.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM

Well it appears that I'm mistaken,

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9bhvNb1q6...nDw6o1_500.jpg

That is a view of NYC from the Ramapo Reservation. I've been to the reservation plenty of times, but I guess I've never gone high enough to find that viewpoint. Well, that's another spot nearby that I can go to.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Well it appears that I'm mistaken,

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9bhvNb1q6...nDw6o1_500.jpg

That is a view of NYC from the Ramapo Reservation. I've been to the reservation plenty of times, but I guess I've never gone high enough to find that viewpoint. Well, that's another spot nearby that I can go to.
Stag Hill too. Don't hike it solo

Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,313,759 times
Hofstra Park in Prospect Park, NJ has a nice view.

The best view of the NYC Skyline is from Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange, NJ. The panoramic view is so wide, you can actually see the curvature of the earth!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM

513 posts, read 1,166,846 times
Here's another great place to view NYC, too. The park is just off Route 36 in Atlantic Highlands. The view of the waters and the skyline will take your breath away. You will be at a very high peak of the Atlantic Coastline. Just stunning. Make sure you go on a clear, sunny day. Here's the link: Monmouth County Park System Parks Mount Mitchill Scenic Overlook

Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Hofstra Park in Prospect Park, NJ has a nice view.

The best view of the NYC Skyline is from Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange, NJ. The panoramic view is so wide, you can actually see the curvature of the earth!
Also South Mountain (top of South Orange Avenue in South Orange). It's a bit more obstructed especially when the leaves are on the trees, but when it's clear you can see most of the bridges (Verrazano, Goethals, Bayonne, Outerbridge, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey