Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I always thought it was because the Mendham post office serviced those homes (similar to section of Parsippany that has Morris Plains zip code); maybe because Randolph was originally a part of Mendham.
From what I know, it all has to do with the post office that delivers the mail to that particular street/address. The Ursula Ct home gets it mail from a carrier that delivers out of the Mendham Boro Post Office. FWIW, there are many homes in the Brookside section of Mendham Twp which because they chose to have mail delivered, rather than going to the Brookside PO (which does not deliver any mail, it has old fashioned boxes within the office) who have either Randolph or Morristown addresses and zip. Likewise, many homes in the Ralston area of the Twp. have a Chester mailing address/zip. Homes on Roxiticus Rd, or off Roxiticus) have a Far Hills address/zip. IIRC there are 5 or 6 different zip codes that are for homes within Mendham Twp.

KoalaNJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
Marc, you are totally incorrect, there are many wonderful homes in both Mendham Twp as well as the Borough, that meet ALL of the OP's criteria. Yes, some of the homes are older, but they have been well maintained, and updated. Such as this listing: 16 Horizon Drive, Mendham NJ - Trulia or this one: 12 Florie Farm Road, Mendham NJ - Trulia And a more recently built home (in the 90's) 15 Devonshire Lane, Mendham NJ - Trulia I only did a quick search and included only three links, but there are ~50 homes currently listed for sale in the Mendhams under 900K, many of them meet the OP's criteria. (Note I am not a realtor, nor do I have any vested interest in any property posted, I merely am well familiar with the area, and happy to share my knowledge.)

KoalaNJ
Nice. Very nice. 15 Devonshire is wonderful, blissful. Except that it backs to a busy road (Cold Hill), receives a ton of noise from Route 24 and Tempe Wick, between the two of which it is located, for a total of 3 busy roads, and has all kinds of non-residential uses in the immediate downtown vicinity. Horizon Dr is a neighborhood of steep hills, and the homes are very isolated from each other. And if all that is not enough, people use Horizon as a cut through and you frequently see cars doing in excess of 40mph on its winding roads. Kids playing on the street and riding their bikes? Not unless you want to visit Morristown Memorial to sign the cast. Not desirable at all. If you are familiar with the area, you should know that Horizon is impossible. And 12 Florie Farm. The prototypical 1970's box Colonial. Tiny. 2,340 square feet. What is unknown to the public is that they are presently facing the Zoning Board for having willfully removed their pink flamingos without getting approval. By the way, that house is under contract, not available.

I think the problem here is we have a lot of amateurs scanning Realtor.com and being seduced by a few cherry-picked thumbnails and failing to the in-depth research before displaying inappropriate home selections. Please, people. Please. Leave this process to the highly trained and extraordinarily disciplined and talented real estate professionals. Y'all are playing with fire and no good can come of it.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbelle View Post
Kinnelon house fell through, looking in MONTVILLE now. What can you tell me about this area???

Sorry Cajun for hijacking your thread. Just having a little fun! I'll leave now and return you to your regular programming.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I think the problem here is we have a lot of amateurs scanning Realtor.com and being seduced by a few cherry-picked thumbnails and failing to the in-depth research before displaying inappropriate home selections. Please, people. Please. Leave this process to the highly trained and extraordinarily disciplined and talented real estate professionals. Y'all are playing with fire and no good can come of it.

Methinks the "professional" is a bit touchy about being so wrong.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 PM

39 posts, read 99,087 times
Marc, you have good instincts

Old 04-28-2013, 04:05 PM

florham park reputation???

Old 04-28-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbelle View Post
florham park reputation???
Excellent. A great location overall. The downtown area is completely uncharming, but belies the fact that this is an expensive and well-regarded area in which to live. Very convenient to employment and shopping in Madison, Chatham, Morristown, etc.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
And 12 Florie Farm. The prototypical 1970's box Colonial. Tiny. 2,340 square feet.
2340 sqft is tiny? I can't imagine what you'd say about a Cape Cod of the same era...

Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
2340 sqft is tiny? I can't imagine what you'd say about a Cape Cod of the same era...
For $300,000 buyers in Denville or Rockaway I'd say it was huge. And I'd be psyched to show it to them. But not for an executive transferee, especially one who is accustomed to much bigger homes for much less money in the area from which her family is being transferred. Each buyer has an individual context.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:45 PM

Marc is right... My last home was 3800Sq Ft, 5 years old, and was one of the smallest in an exclusive guarded and gated golf course community (about 1200 homes), included a pool with several fountains, paver patio, retractable screen lanai, rocking chair front porch, 5 bed/6 bath... and the community feel is awesome. We have food truck night, fashion shows, summer movies on a rented big screen, Easter egg hunts and brunch, just to name a few. I have never lived in the NE and I have got to say, you can DEFINITELY get more for your hard earned cash in the south! I guess the housing markets in my past have set my expectations. I am having to come to terms with paying double for half, but it isn't easy! I keep reminding myself that there are some amazing activities to take advantage of in the area and that the job transfer is a good thing. Just wish I could find a house I feel at home in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey