Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
188 posts, read 189,453 times
Reputation: 186

Advertisements

Contrary to what some people believe, and in spite of that fact that a certain governor and his blind supporters seek to take full credit for shared accomplishments (while refusing to accept any blame for their own myriad failures), the New Jersey Assembly and Senate deserve as much credit for any property tax reform as anyone else.

And, BTW, the 2% property tax cap only applies to the municipal portion of property taxes, not the county or school portion, and the cap can be exceeded for any or all of the same drivers that increase property taxes in New Jersey. My property taxes went up over 7% last year so for many New Jersey homeowners this supposedly successful property tax cap is a joke.

AND increased user fees, tolls and fares are taking back a large chunk of those supposed property tax savings. Christie fan-boys and girls don't bother to mention that.

Oh, one other thing, next year this time, after the bill for Sandy is in and property taxes across the state rise again, is Chris Christie going to accept all the blame just as he and his supporters are trying to take all the credit for this dubious "achievement" now?

Here are a few links, a little reading to correct the impression that somehow Chris Christie is solely responsible for the property tax cap.

N.J. Assembly passes bill lowering property tax cap to 2 percent | NJ.com

Special Session on Property Tax

New 'user fees' dilute N.J. property tax cap law | NJ.com

NJ governor signs property tax cap bill - BusinessWeek

Christie and his fan boys and girls need to learn how to give credit when and where it's due and accept blame when and where it's due too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
18,412 posts, read 15,113,085 times
Reputation: 14258
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobd04 View Post
Contrary to what some people believe, and in spite of that fact that a certain governor and his blind supporters seek to take full credit for shared accomplishments (while refusing to accept any blame for their own myriad failures), the New Jersey Assembly and Senate deserve as much credit for any property tax reform as anyone else.

And, BTW, the 2% property tax cap only applies to the municipal portion of property taxes, not the county or school portion, and the cap can be exceeded for any or all of the same drivers that increase property taxes in New Jersey. My property taxes went up over 7% last year so for many New Jersey homeowners this supposedly successful property tax cap is a joke.

AND increased user fees, tolls and fares are taking back a large chunk of those supposed property tax savings. Christie fan-boys and girls don't bother to mention that.

Oh, one other thing, next year this time, after the bill for Sandy is in and property taxes across the state rise again, is Chris Christie going to accept all the blame just as he and his supporters are trying to take all the credit for this dubious "achievement" now?

Here are a few links, a little reading to correct the impression that somehow Chris Christie is solely responsible for the property tax cap.

N.J. Assembly passes bill lowering property tax cap to 2 percent | NJ.com

Special Session on Property Tax

New 'user fees' dilute N.J. property tax cap law | NJ.com

NJ governor signs property tax cap bill - BusinessWeek

Christie and his fan boys and girls need to learn how to give credit when and where it's due and accept blame when and where it's due too.
So what you are saying is, if you had lower property taxes, you can thank the legislature, but if you happened to have higher property taxes, blame Christie? Too much. Lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
188 posts, read 189,453 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So what you are saying is, if you had lower property taxes, you can thank the legislature, but if you happened to have higher property taxes, blame Christie? Too much. Lmao.
Funny but I don't remember you LYAO when you were trying to give Chris Christie all the credit yet none of the blame for doing exactly the same thing.



Too much is right in your case. Too much hypocrisy.

Oh, and you conveniently forgot to mention the REST of New Jersey's economy, struggling under the "leadership" of the guy you tried to give all credit to for the property tax cap. Where is your fearless leader's "Jersey Comeback"? LMAO

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
18,412 posts, read 15,113,085 times
Reputation: 14258
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobd04 View Post
Funny but I don't remember you LYAO when you were trying to give Chris Christie all the credit yet none of the blame for doing exactly the same thing.



Too much is right in your case. Too much hypocrisy.

Oh, and you conveniently forgot to mention the REST of New Jersey's economy, struggling under the "leadership" of the guy you tried to give all credit to for the property tax cap. Where is your fearless leader's "Jersey Comeback"? LMAO

But just to make sure I am reading correctly, that is what you are saying, right? If you had good results, thank the legislature, but if you had bad results with the very same policies, it's Chris Christie's fault.

Is that right? I mean, I just re read your post and that is what I am getting out of it. You aren't even making an attempt to hide your partisanship.

I believe this is all a waste of time, anyway. It doesn't matter what you say, or what I say. Christie already has the next election all locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
188 posts, read 189,453 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But just to make sure I am reading correctly, that is what you are saying, right? If you had good results, thank the legislature, but if you had bad results with the very same policies, it's Chris Christie's fault.

Is that right? I mean, I just re read your post and that is what I am getting out of it. You aren't even making an attempt to hide your partisanship.

I believe this is all a waste of time, anyway. It doesn't matter what you say, or what I say. Christie already has the next election all locked up.
You need to look up a couple of words:

Hypocrisy

Sarcasm

Get back to me.

Oh, and if you are old enough to remember, George HW Bush had the presidential election all locked up in 1992.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,283 posts, read 35,579,607 times
Reputation: 5330
I have to admit, this thread with the rewording made me LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
188 posts, read 189,453 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I have to admit, this thread with the rewording made me LOL.
The original thread made me LOL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
 
14,780 posts, read 43,473,541 times
Reputation: 14621
Hey, give the Legislature credit. Christie proposed a strict cap and then they hemmed, hawed and negotiated until enough holes got poked in it so they were cool with passing it.

Just so I get it right though, what you are basically saying is that all branches of government share in the good and bad that happens. So, Christie gets credit and blame and the Democratic Legislature gets credit and blame equally on all issues. I'm cool with that. So, if you think the states in "horrible" shape I expect you will be voting Dem in the next governor's race and voting Rep for the Legislature, correct? Afterall we are in such a sorry condition do to the ineptness of a Republican Governor and a Democratic Legislature. It only makes sense to try it the other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
 
607 posts, read 953,971 times
Reputation: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Hey, give the Legislature credit. Christie proposed a strict cap and then they hemmed, hawed and negotiated until enough holes got poked in it so they were cool with passing it.

Just so I get it right though, what you are basically saying is that all branches of government share in the good and bad that happens. So, Christie gets credit and blame and the Democratic Legislature gets credit and blame equally on all issues. I'm cool with that. So, if you think the states in "horrible" shape I expect you will be voting Dem in the next governor's race and voting Rep for the Legislature, correct? Afterall we are in such a sorry condition do to the ineptness of a Republican Governor and a Democratic Legislature. It only makes sense to try it the other way.

+1

I love hyper-partisan politics -

we are right, they are wrong

lather, rinse, repeat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
188 posts, read 189,453 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Hey, give the Legislature credit. Christie proposed a strict cap and then they hemmed, hawed and negotiated until enough holes got poked in it so they were cool with passing it.

Just so I get it right though, what you are basically saying is that all branches of government share in the good and bad that happens. So, Christie gets credit and blame and the Democratic Legislature gets credit and blame equally on all issues. I'm cool with that. So, if you think the states in "horrible" shape I expect you will be voting Dem in the next governor's race and voting Rep for the Legislature, correct? Afterall we are in such a sorry condition do to the ineptness of a Republican Governor and a Democratic Legislature. It only makes sense to try it the other way.
I never said "on all issues". I said give credit and blame where they are due, not give all credit to Christie for any and everything good that happens while he refuses to take any blame for any of the bad, especially when it is a direct result of his own policies or incompetence, like Race to the Top or Revel Casino debacles, for example.

It's easy to appear successful when people are willing to give credit where none is due while ignoring your failures. Americans did enough of that with George W Bush and just look where that got us. Same place it will get New Jerseyans who do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top