Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
But what if you think like I do that people with the desire to own personal arsenals ARE unbalanced to begin with? Nothing in a background check that lists "wants his own Fort Bragg" is going to set off alarm bells.
I have some good friends with multiple weapons and while I don't think they are nuts I am concerned after all they are Republicans.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I have some good friends with multiple weapons and while I don't think they are nuts I am concerned after all they are Republicans.
One or two alarmist Glenn Beck "they're comin' fer yer guns" reports away from making a bunker?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
But what if you think like I do that people with the desire to own personal arsenals ARE unbalanced to begin with? Nothing in a background check that lists "wants his own Fort Bragg" is going to set off alarm bells.
and it shouldnt. the last thing anyone would want is for you to be making any laws. however, you are especially unqualified in making laws regarding guns since you havent even bothered learning the basic facts about guns. i think you should focus your energy on getting those cop killer bullets banned; that seems to be very important to you.

if someone wants an arsenal, then they should be free to spend their money and get an arsenal. oh, how many guns would you consider an arsenal?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
So would go my logic in the gun debate. If some states have lax laws that allow for the easy trafficking of firearms into other states where they invariably end up being used in crimes; then the burden should be on those states to change their laws if such a change would have a tangible impact, which it would. In that light, it could be argued that the Federal government has a duty to take action.
im not really sure what exactly is proposed and fought against. people make out the republicans as unwilling to compromise on anything, but i dont really know thats true. but i also think that guns arent thought of the same way as toxic waste. there are so many people throughout the country that think positively about guns and think the best way to stop that violence, isnt registration but more carry permits. so i guess its tough for people to agree when they have such different views on the subject.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
and it shouldnt. the last thing anyone would want is for you to be making any laws. however, you are especially unqualified in making laws regarding guns since you havent even bothered learning the basic facts about guns. i think you should focus your energy on getting those cop killer bullets banned; that seems to be very important to you.

if someone wants an arsenal, then they should be free to spend their money and get an arsenal. oh, how many guns would you consider an arsenal?
I think you've overplayed this hand with EBwick. Your lack of expertise in hurricanes, flooding, structural engineering, etc., did not slow you in your (misguided) Sandy opinions.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
That's the biggest problem, gun owners who reject at any laws that make them responsible for their guns.
I'm responsible for my actions, not my objects. Though the post you responded to had nothing to do with that.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned anybody who doesn't want to register their guns has something to hide.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't post with their full real name on a message board has something to hide, and should be denied the right to speak.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM

607 posts, read 957,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't post with their full real name on a message board has something to hide, and should be denied the right to speak.
Your name is Nybbler?

Is that of Dutch descent?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
So you're concerned about people who love freedom and uphold the Bill of Rights. You sound like a Redcoat.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
So you're concerned about people who love freedom and uphold the Bill of Rights. You sound like a Redcoat.
They love freedom for rich white males, and fetuses. Since I'm a woman, I'm automatically out of the freedom picture. Once those fetuses are born, unless they are born to rich white males, they're pretty much out of luck when it comes to freedom too. Oh, and also minorities, because we can't have no colored folks owning guns.(sarcasm).

NRA was pro-gun control when it came to Black Panthers | theGrio

Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
I'm kind of thinking that recognizing sarcasm is not your expertise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey