Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 AM

861 posts, read 2,718,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Seat belts are foolproof?
My uncle is a retired fire fighter and rescue & recovery volunteer.
He always says in all the years he's been on accident scenes, he's never had to cut a dead body out of seat belt. But he's sure scraped a lot of them off the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, on second thought, perhaps Mr. Frisco is not trolling.
However, the other possibility--that he does not learn from his experiences--is equally unflattering.

Please take a look at the thread noted below, that he posted almost 3 years ago:
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...e-i-wasnt.html

He's been on my ignore list since back then along with this years favorite nutcases. Much easier to view the forums when you don't have to read nonsense.

Debates are fun but not debating with those who talk with the mentality of two year old's, or RWNJ's.
Or is that redundant?

Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Debates are fun but not debating with those who talk with the mentality of two year old's, or RWNJ's.
Or is that redundant?
It's redundant.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
What "rich white ladies" got away with a DUI. Please post a link to a published report of this.

Sometimes cops will use an excuse to pull someone over based on a hunch. If it turns out the person was doing nothing wrong, they are sent on their way (it's happened to me), if they are doing something wrong, sometimes it's something REALLY wrong, and major crimes have been solved this way.

In my experience, I've never been pulled over when I wasn't doing something to at least raise an eyebrow--even if it wasn't technically against the law.
Right, and also sometimes they give a ticket for a lesser offense almost as a favor, when you get pulled over for more serious things. I've had several incidents where I was stopped (legitimately) for speeding, and they ended up letting me go on that but giving me a ticket for a taillight, expired inspection sticker, etc. instead. I consider that a favor, anyway, as there are no points attached. I'm guessingthe OP is leaving out some pertinent info on why he really got pulled over.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right, and also sometimes they give a ticket for a lesser offense almost as a favor, when you get pulled over for more serious things. I've had several incidents where I was stopped (legitimately) for speeding, and they ended up letting me go on that but giving me a ticket for a taillight, expired inspection sticker, etc. instead. I consider that a favor, anyway, as there are no points attached. I'm guessingthe OP is leaving out some pertinent info on why he really got pulled over.
That's happened to me more often than not (I've been pulled over about ~10 times? I admit I'm a speeder.). I've gotten a ticket for having something hanging from my rearview mirror, taillight, and I've been let off with a warning. I think you show respect and are nice, they aren't going to break your balls.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Got one today in the heavy fog by a NJ Trooper on GSP?

1) How the heck did he see I was not was not wearing one?

2) It's a stupid law to begin with. I am not hurting anyone else by not wearing my seat belt.

3) How much is the ticket? From what I read online from njmvc.com they don't even mention it. So I assume there are no points associated with it. I checked the ticket fine online to pay it--but it's not in the system yet?

4) The area where the trooper pulled me over was extremely dangerous (Clifton North Bound). No shoulders on the road. Is this worth putting his and my life at risk?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's not the case with me yesterday. The trooper specifically said he is part of the seat belt enforcement and saw I didn't put on my seat belt until he put on his lights on. He specifically pulled me over for that reason.

He was out there with a mission to get people not wearing seat belts. "Click it ot Ticket" They are enforcing that.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Please don't, my husband is rather tired of dealing with NJ's finest nutcases and prescription drugs addicts looking for a free ride to the hospital with unspecified pain.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times
Quote:
That's not the case with me yesterday. The trooper specifically said he is part of the seat belt enforcement and saw I didn't put on my seat belt until he put on his lights on. He specifically pulled me over for that reason.

He was out there with a mission to get people not wearing seat belts. "Click it ot Ticket" They are enforcing that.
Just wear your damn seat belt. Seriously.

I started wearing mine religiously after I got my ticket. I can't imagine not wearing it now. Of course, I'd like to think & hope that I would have outgrown the immaturity of my early 20s and eventually started wearing it anyway like a responsible adult, but that cop knocking on my window and slapping me with a ticket is what got me started in the first place, so THANK YOU, scary window knocker cop.

Start wearing your seat belt if only because you want to avoid anymore tickets, and perhaps, one day, you will grow some sense in your brain and it will become habit.

A seat belt can only help you, not harm you. All this "BUT MY RIGHTS" bullschidt is exactly that...bullschidt.

If your teenaged son or daughter just got their license, would you want them to be driving around without THEIR seat belt on? Don't be a "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocrite.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Just wear your damn seat belt. Seriously.

I started wearing mine religiously after I got my ticket. I can't imagine not wearing it now. Of course, I'd like to think & hope that I would have outgrown the immaturity of my early 20s and eventually started wearing it anyway like a responsible adult, but that cop knocking on my window and slapping me with a ticket is what got me started in the first place, so THANK YOU, scary window knocker cop.

Start wearing your seat belt if only because you want to avoid anymore tickets, and perhaps, one day, you will grow some sense in your brain and it will become habit.

A seat belt can only help you, not harm you. All this "BUT MY RIGHTS" bullschidt is exactly that...bullschidt.

If your teenaged son or daughter just got their license, would you want them to be driving around without THEIR seat belt on? Don't be a "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocrite.
Yeah I have been using my seat belt since I got the ticket. Feels strange to feel so restricted, but I will get use to that constrained feeling. Thanks.

Last edited by johnfrisco; 01-31-2013 at 04:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey