Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCM View Post
Stay away from red Bank.The schools are full of illegal aliens and getting a good education will be impossible.The only recourse would be a catholic school.
Actually, Red Bank Regional High School was ranked 41st in the state, and it does offer the International Baccalaureate. So I doubt that a good education is "impossible". I don't know about the elementary schools, however.

Rumson-Fair Haven High School was ranked 10th. Of course, it is a more affluent area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,748 times
Quote:
Stay away from red Bank.The schools are full of illegal aliens and getting a good education will be impossible.The only recourse would be a catholic school.
My girlfriend who graduated with honors from RBR, went on to graduate with honors from LIU Pace and is now attaining her masters at Caldwell would beg to differ. RBR is a great school, and any student can get a good education just about anywhere (of course exceptions exist) as long as they're motivated to give a damn. Oh, and the parents have to give a damn as well, not just send their kid off and expect the school to do the rest because they're "just too busy!" Don't try to paint Red Bank like some tortured third-world ghetto where all hopes and dreams go to die because of brown people.

Oh, and everyone I know who went to Catholic schools have very few good things to say about the education they received. But if it ain't white, it ain't right eh?

Move to Iowa, please.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM

386 posts, read 872,117 times
I didn't even know there were brown people in Red Bank.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
and it does offer the International Baccalaureate.
this is desirable? i noticed my cousin in virginia was taking some unusual classes and i came across this concept. it looked like some liberal mumbo jumbo to me.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM

386 posts, read 872,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this is desirable? i noticed my cousin in virginia was taking some unusual classes and i came across this concept. it looked like some liberal mumbo jumbo to me.
It's a group of advanced courses, much like AP courses.

It is desirable, as both AP and IB are more rigorous than regular or honors classes, and colleges take this in to consideration.

As a side note, the organizations behind the two (IB for IB and the College Board for AP) set the curriculum and design the course requirements, rather than the school district.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM

88,581 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Sporano View Post
I didn't even know there were brown people in Red Bank.
Yes. They mostly live along and off of Shrewsbury Avenue, not far from where a lot of the black community of Red Bank lives.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
My girlfriend who graduated with honors from RBR, went on to graduate with honors from LIU Pace and is now attaining her masters at Caldwell would beg to differ.
In which case, she's about 10 years ahead of the demographic change.
Red Bank, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"As of the 2010 United States Census, ... Hispanic ... were 34.39% (4,198) of the population." ... As of the 2000 United States Census ... 17.11% of the population."
Quote:
everyone I know who went to Catholic schools have very few good things to say about the education they received.
You don't know me.
Quote:
But if it ain't white, it ain't right eh?
Didn't think you were that stupid.
Quote:
Move to Iowa, please.
I was mistaken.

Last edited by bigjake54; 02-10-2013 at 10:09 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post

You don't know me.

Didn't think you were that stupid.

I was mistaken.
I don't, and based on your responses which pose no actual sound rotort, I don't care to. Have a fantastic day!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes. They mostly live along and off of Shrewsbury Avenue, not far from where a lot of the black community of Red Bank lives.
You'll find a lot of shop signs in Spanish along Shrewsbury Ave north of Newman Springs Rd.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,501 times
Quote:
How do you know they are here illegally? Did you stop & ask them for their papers? Red Bank seems to be by all accounts a very safe & decent place to live. Is it the brown faces that make a place bad to you,regardless of low crime & decent schools? I'm seriously asking not joking. Your portrayal of Red Bank is in stark contrast to everyone else's. Everyone, and all the ones who have recommended Red Bank to me have been WHITE, says Red Bank is safe, and has great schools. That being said, in a few months some more brown faces are on their way, and a 1st generation immigrant is coming along, too. Do you want to see my papers too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey