Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
Of course, you are the same person who, in another thread said:

//www.city-data.com/forum/28022513-post196.html

while posting it using, presumably, a screen ID (and NOT your full real name), so you'll excuse us if we don't try to follow your attempt at logical thought...
ROTFL. I'm sorry you missed the sarcasm there; I thought it was blatantly obvious. But that was another thread, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757
100-110 most people could handle, depending on the car. Anything above 120 is a risk IMHO
Alas, I've never driven a car which could manage much in excess of 120mph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthunder View Post
caught doing 95 mph in a 45 mph on GSP ... construction zone ...
Anyone know a good lawyer in Manahawkin area dealing with speeding tickets?
I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of letters from lawyers, scaring you with the potential consequences & telling you how great they are! Many are rainmakers, who will send an associate, instead of appearing themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthunder View Post
looking for good advice on what I can do or say talking to prosecutor ... for bringing down point to ... 0 or 2 points?
Doubt you can get no-pointer. Judges won't negotiate with you, only the municipal prosecutor. You need to call the court yourself, and plead Not Guilty over the phone, so that your case gets on the list, or gets another date. Just showing up on the court date on the ticket, without phoning, usually gets you sent home, to return another time. Be prepared to stand on a long line. Be polite. If you only have one prior speeding ticket, you may get a 2-point offer from the prosecutor. Still, the judge may well take your license!
Stafford Township
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
About 5 years ago I got one for 94 in Monmouth County ...
Now I'm not saying this will work for you, but I walked in, not guilty, everybody did the one on one chat with the prosecutor, I told him I wasn't even moving at all, told him I was sitting still and the earth was rotating beneath me at 94 mph. Luckily he was in a decent mood, wouldn't dismiss the thing down to something like obstructing traffic but offered to knock it down to the 2 point speed level.
Sure, you did ...
Most municipal prosecutors in NJ won't even talk to you, if you say you are not guilty. They'll mark your case for trial, and you will have to come back another time. There are enough people on line willing to plead guilty, that they don't have time to listen to your tale.
Also, any stupid comments will easily get you sent to the back of the line, where you'll have time to think about your attitude.
I'm sure you stood on line like everyone else, took the same 2-point offer as anyone else, and had NOTHING to say to the prosecutor or the judge, except, "yes", when he asked if you were pleading guilty.

Last edited by bigjake54; 02-10-2013 at 02:59 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post

Sure, you did ...
Most municipal prosecutors in NJ won't even talk to you, if you say you are not guilty. They'll mark your case for trial, and you will have to come back another time. There are enough people on line willing to plead guilty, that they don't have time to listen to your tale.
Also, any stupid comments will easily get you sent to the back of the line, where you'll have time to think about your attitude.
I'm sure you stood on line like everyone else, took the same 2-point offer as anyone else, and had NOTHING to say to the prosecutor or the judge, except, "yes", when he asked if you were pleading guilty.
Nope, you don't always get off but if they can find some other stuff like equipment violations etc. they may have you pay for those instead, etc. Most of the time its a matter of timing and luck.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
I got a 6 points ticket doing 72 in a 50mph "construction" zone, that has nothing beside a few cones in upstate NY. This is the biggest rip off. I understand if there are people working there it is consider as construction zone, but in NY and many other, mostly blue state, if there are cones, regardless if there is activity or not, it is classify as construction zone and find double.

Since it is upstate NY, I am not going to waste my time to argue. Paid a lawyer and get the point off and paid a "small" 250 fine. NY has a mandatory $75 administrative fee. I feel like rob by a gang at knife point.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
ROTFL. I'm sorry you missed the sarcasm there; I thought it was blatantly obvious. But that was another thread, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up here.

Alas, I've never driven a car which could manage much in excess of 120mph.
My car can go 160.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey