Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:11 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times

Advertisements

What!?! No Super Wal-marts! There are at least 5 within twenty minutes of my house - one in every direction. Maybe I need to rethink this move....where do you people buy groceries?

LOL anyhow in the midst of the Wal-mart hysteria, no one mentioned any extended stay hotels.............?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 06:28 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,099 times
Franklyn Twp has many extended stay hotels right on Davidson Ave. @ I 287 exit for Easton Ave.

Bridgewater Promanade has Target, Home Depot, Marshalls, Costco, Old Navy, Bed Bath Beyond,Babies R Us and some kind of pet supply store??? All at the same location.
That should cover about what Wallmart has.

E

Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What!?! No Super Wal-marts! There are at least 5 within twenty minutes of my house - one in every direction. Maybe I need to rethink this move....where do you people buy groceries?
Uhhhh......at the grocery store?????

Old 10-24-2007, 06:50 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Default Where

Quote:

LOL anyhow in the midst of the Wal-mart hysteria, no one mentioned any extended stay hotels.............?
May I ask, WHERE are you moving from?
There are many extended stay Hotels in Middlesex County. Will you have a means of transportation? If you are here for employment, will your employer offer any assistance? Maybe a local person to show you around or a list of places to visit? Sorry so many questions, but it would help us all if you gave us a little more to gear our advice for you. You said you are in your early 20's so I would suggest New Brunswick & Princeton for the young crowd & good fun times. Just be careful.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,807,520 times
I guess you're not going to TN or VA?

Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
May I ask, WHERE are you moving from?
There are many extended stay Hotels in Middlesex County. Will you have a means of transportation? If you are here for employment, will your employer offer any assistance? Maybe a local person to show you around or a list of places to visit? Sorry so many questions, but it would help us all if you gave us a little more to gear our advice for you. You said you are in your early 20's so I would suggest New Brunswick & Princeton for the young crowd & good fun times. Just be careful.
I'm moving from orlando, Flordia. Yes, I have my own car. Nope, moving for personal reasons. My family in New Jersey is old -well like in their 40's - and only go to work and church - when I asked them detailed questions all they could say is "it's nice" and my son's father says things like "there's no clubs" so I don't really value their input. It's odd that you would suggest New Brunswick, as several people have told me I'll get shot in the head if I cross the street there (not really, but that's the impression I got from them) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
I guess you're not going to TN or VA?
Sure I am- I have multiple personalities and we've decided to go our seperate ways.I visited VA and I didn't like it. I can't explain it but it was just too much like where I grew up...all the same people, could have just been the areas I was in, but no matter where I move, I have to be close to family because of my little one.

So I then barged into my Aunt's house in Clarksville, stayed there for a few days and then did some exploring. TN was nice, but my Aunt is doing her old "I'm divorced and have no children in my house" kinda thing, so I can tell she doesn't want to be that "In case of emergency" person...which defeats the purpose of me living close to a relative. I've been sort-of planning to move since I graduated and I think I have at leats one relative in every state - who says "Oh this is great, you'll love it here" so then I go and I research and I don't.

So far I've been to Alb, NM (which is where I grew up so that didn't really count to me) and it's still too damn hot and all the affordable apartments look like South Central LA - that's why we left in the 1st place - gangs were taking over.

Then I checked out Glendale, AZ - where I melted in the unbearable heat and jumped a plan to Dallas, Texas - which was okay, except my brother lives way way way out in some suburb that's outside of Dallas and I'd end up living about a good hour away without traffic, based on the apartment search I did there.

Dallas was followed by Atlanta, which I've gone to dozens of times and it's a great place to visit but who wants to live in that traffic? So then I checked out a couple of other areas in GA, I visited North Carolina, and Maryland.

I think all along I knew I was going to end up in NJ, but I was "pretending" to really have an interest in all these other places, just in case things didn't work out the way I wanted them too...or actually I was just trying to think of a really good story because I really don't want to end up a Lifetime Movie "silly lovestruck girl follows ex-fiance out-of-state hoping to rekindle love and finds him married to someone else, blows up the house" kinda thing....yeah I'm rambling again. My life is a soap opera...young &the restless could learn a few things from me.

Anyhow, no I won't be moving to Va or TN, but my trip to TN was very nice and I did a lot of the things people suggested. Clarksville is actually a very pretty place.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:53 AM

145 posts, read 435,395 times
Quote:
I really don't want to end up a Lifetime Movie "silly lovestruck girl follows ex-fiance out-of-state hoping to rekindle love and finds him married to someone else, blows up the house" kinda thing....yeah I'm rambling again. My life is a soap opera...young &the restless could learn a few things from me.
I thought you were already married? Anyway, I told you I'm moving at the end of next month so you're more than welcome to come and stay with me while you look. Come see me before you go to lunch and I'll show you some of the stuff I have. Or better yet, just come over now...no one's watching

Thanks to whoever suggested Somerset Park apartments. I got a really good deal because they were doing a move-in special.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:06 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
I thought you were already married? Anyway, I told you I'm moving at the end of next month so you're more than welcome to come and stay with me while you look. Come see me before you go to lunch and I'll show you some of the stuff I have. Or better yet, just come over now...no one's watching
I think she was serious about the "multiple personalities" bit in her last post- in one post she's married, in another it's her "ex-fiance", and in another its a boyfriend. I think originally it was the hubby/fiance/boyfriend's family that was in NJ, and now it's her's. I'm so confused...........

Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Alot of Targets and Walmarts close at 10PM too.

Some grocery stores are open 24 but the prices will tend to be MUCH higher than a Super Walmart. Especially in frozen foods and carbonated drinks.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:15 AM

42 posts, read 62,761 times
Once you see your first property tax bill, you're going to wish you were still living back in the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey