Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 AM

24 posts, read 92,336 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone, call this market research if you will...

Do you think Montclair could use a specailty smoked fish and Jewish appetizing shop along the lines of Russ & Daugther's in Manhattan?

Where is your favorite place in town to get your bagels and lox?

Where do you stock up on your favorites for the Jewish holdiays?

I own a specialy shop in Brooklyn and recently move to the area and wanted to see what the appetite (pun absolutely intended) was for these types of products in the area. I know you can do it up to your hearts content in Livingston but where are people getting their Schmears in Montclair?

Thanks for taking the time!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM

8 posts, read 36,107 times
Hot Bagels Abroad on Broad St. in Bloomfield. But it's not a specialty/Jewish shop - we would love to have your business expand to this area!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,916,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJdan View Post
Hot Bagels Abroad on Broad St. in Bloomfield. But it's not a specialty/Jewish shop - we would love to have your business expand to this area!
I'll give it a try.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,319,041 times
Default Where Can Yo Get the Best Bagel in Montclair?

I recall an article about this recently.
Turns out my 'recent' memory is a year-and-a-half old: Where Can You Get the Best Bagel? - Montclair, NJ Patch.
You may find value in contacting the author and asking her about your idea.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM

225 posts, read 721,876 times
We've been longing for a good Jewish deli in these parts for a while.

I go to Sunrise Bagels but don't know about their lox

The Munchmobile had a bagel trip last summer: Chewing over the choices: Munchers search for Jersey's best bagels | NJ.com

Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 AM

91 posts, read 376,241 times
Most definitely we could use a Jewish appetizing store/restaurant in Montclair! A recent survey on the Montclair Watercooler asked what type of establishment was needed in our town. My response was a Jewish deli and there was a great deal of support for that idea. We have traditional delis, bagel stores, Kings, Whole Foods and now Fairway but I think there is demand for what you are proposing and it could be successful. I currently get my bagels and lox at either one of the Hot Bagels Abroad but I would love to see a Zabars or Russ and Daughters with a large selection of foods and tables to nosh.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,709,300 times
I agree a Jewish deli could do really well in Montclair - we would def patronize when we are in that area.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM

91 posts, read 376,241 times
With the Jewish holidays coming up, I was curious about what conclusions you had come to regarding opening a Jewish appetizing store in Montclair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey