Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times

Advertisements

so i was dismissed from jury duty, but now i'm interested in the trial that i was almost a part of. how do you find out what trials are going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 11:38 AM

23 posts, read 28,737 times
Court Records Directory

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/

Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
so i was dismissed from jury duty, but now i'm interested in the trial that i was almost a part of. how do you find out what trials are going on?
If you remember the name of the judge who presided over jury selection, you could politely call his or her chambers & ask the secretary or law clerk, if the trial is still in progress. Courtrooms are open to the general public.
http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/ess...sDirectory.pdf
If you visit the court house, you could look the case up by the defendant's name, in the Public Access Computer in Room 132:
Essex Vicinage
"Members of the public may access information from Promis Gavel in the Information and Community Relations Center located in Room 132, Veterans Courthouse, 50 West Market Street, Newark NJ 07102."

Old 03-02-2013, 11:57 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
There is such a system called "ACS" but it's not available to the general public. We used Promis Gavel on occassion but not that much. I never knew they had a terminal for access in the courthouse although I see it's a limited system as anything connected to NCIC is tightly controlled.

Quote:
Access to the Promis/Gavel System is limited to the Criminal Justice community, Federal, State & local agencies. Selected information from Promis Gavel is available to the public via Public Access terminals located at Superior courthouses in each county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: