Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 AM

4 posts, read 7,794 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

We are planning to relocate to Bayonne from India. We have been in California before, but we are trying to understand east coast. My office is in Hoboken and I have a 5 year old kid. We did little bit of search and have narrowed down on the Bayonne School district and School #14 (33 E 24th Street)

My budget for rent is upto $1300 and need one that is safe, walk-able to the school and connected to public transit system for my office commute.

Does any one know on how the schools(#) are assigned by school district based on the living address ? This information will be very helpful in deciding the apartment.

We could see a few apartment listed around the school, but couldn't find any review.

1. Peninsula court apartment - not so good reviews, but dated in 2010
2. RCA Management, LLC. (186,188 Ave F)
3. 79-81 E 25th Street

Appreciate your valuable comments and suggestions.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM

19,101 posts, read 25,291,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundlessjoy View Post
We did little bit of search and have narrowed down on the Bayonne School district and School #14 (33 E 24th Street)
The first thing to be aware of is that you cannot automatically enroll your child in that particular school, as it houses only Gifted & Talented programs on the elementary level.
You will need to enroll your child in the regular neighborhood elementary school for the area in which your decide to live. The Bayonne Board of Ed can supply information regarding the "catchment area" for the various elementary schools.

After enrollment in a "regular" neighborhood elementary school, you can apply for admission to the G & T program, which will entail both standardized testing and evaluations by your child's current teacher(s) at the neighborhood school. If your child attains the level required on the standardized tests (typically 90th percentile and above), and if his/her current teacher(s) are of the opinion that he/she is actually gifted, then it may be possible to have your child transferred to School #14. The length of time involved in moving from a regular school environment to the G & T environment could potentially entail a few months.

Why is this procedure necessary?
Because parents are not usually objective sources of information regarding whether or not their child is gifted and/or talented.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,794 times
Thank you very much for your inputs. Much Appreciate it.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,925 times
Boundlessjoy,

I am in the same situation as yourself. Could you please provide an overview of your experience since you moved. I would much appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 12-15-2013, 02:00 PM

19,101 posts, read 25,291,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmoreinfo View Post
Boundlessjoy,

I am in the same situation as yourself. Could you please provide an overview of your experience since you moved. I would much appreciate it.

Thanks
"Boundlessjoy" has not posted anything in this forum for more than 9 months, and as a result, it is very likely that he/she is not even monitoring this site.
You would be better-off if you began your own thread, rather than tagging onto this old one.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: