Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 PM

7,216 posts, read 11,893,092 times

Advertisements

Long Valley Brew Pub's Lazy Jake's Porter is very good, named after the dog of the carpenter who renovated the 200+ year old barn into the LVBP. Jake was a black lab who just lounged out all day. They also have a very good nut brown ale. The food is just ok, used to be better years ago. But with serveral changes in management and ownership over the last five years the food has suffered. Joe the brewmaster, however has remained throughout the changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 12:16 PM

87 posts, read 371,589 times
There's JJ Bitting Brewery in Woodbridge on Main street. Pizerria Uno's in Iselin on Rt 1 also makes their own beer. Both sites are pretty good.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:16 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,945,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
honestly? NJ wines are a joke. I went to a Wine festival in Waterloo Village some time ago and we were all like yes, we are one of a dozen or so places with a climate to grow grapes, doesn't mean we should i've heard tennesee's wine is excellent though
I'm no wine snob but I know what tastes good (to me anyway). Valenzano Winery down in Shamong makes some good stuff-they also do cranberry and blueberry wines. Joe Canal's carries most of their line.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,702,672 times
Wine...

If it has a twist cap or Mad Dog 20/20 then I know I am drinking nothing but the best.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
honestly? NJ wines are a joke. I went to a Wine festival in Waterloo Village some time ago and we were all like yes, we are one of a dozen or so places with a climate to grow grapes, doesn't mean we should i've heard tennesee's wine is excellent though
I have also been to the wine festival at waterloo and agree almost all NJ wines are lousy. Live very close to Mattarazzo's Four Sisters Winery which is in Hope and I wouldn't drink it if you paid me...just awful. However, there is one decent winery in southwestern Warren County, Alba Winery, which is not bad. A local restaurant very near to my home serves their wine as a house wine.

Last edited by Calico696; 10-25-2007 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,096,977 times
Default High Point Brewing Company

Ramstein Lager and Weizen beers (german style wheat beer) in Butler, NJ.
Every second Saturday you can tour the place and sample free beers with cheese, salsa, chips. Next tour is on November 10th. Bottle King got the selection of ramstein beers. Prozit!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
Ramstein Lager and Weizen beers (german style wheat beer) in Butler, NJ.
Every second Saturday you can tour the place and sample free beers with cheese, salsa, chips. Next tour is on November 10th. Bottle King got the selection of ramstein beers. Prozit!
Have had their beer at the Glen Gardner Inn, it is not bad for a German style beer brewed in the US.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM

438 posts, read 963,030 times
there is a brewrey in Butler?!!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,650,308 times
Circa in High Bridge has a bunch of local (NJ/NY/PA) brews on tap - and usually one or two of the chef's own - I always try to get something new there, love it

Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,898,295 times
Unhappy Cream Ridge

Quote:
Oh Tahiti, I have to disagree with you. Not ALL NJ wines are a joke.
I live near (very very near) the Cream Ridge Winery. *Cream Ridge Winery* Welcome to our On-Line Shop

They have some of the best wines I've ever had. Their Almond Berry Wine is to die-for. Holiday Spice Wine served warm - very delicious. Their Cab. Sav. (please don't ask me to spell that- it's been a long day and you know what I mean) anyway, Cab. Sav. is one of my favorite reds. Have you given Cream Ridge Winery a try???

**disclaimer** if Tahiti was just joking & being snarky I'll feel really silly- like I said- been a l o n g day and I may have missed the joke ....but I'll never come close to getting my panties in a knot. lol....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey