Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Krogh's in Lake Mohawk has their own brewing operation as part of their restaurant/pub.

Since I only drink mainstream American lagers I can't comment to the taste of their various beers.

I love the taste of a cold beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 04:16 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Oh Tahiti, I have to disagree with you. Not ALL NJ wines are a joke.
I live near (very very near) the Cream Ridge Winery. *Cream Ridge Winery* Welcome to our On-Line Shop

They have some of the best wines I've ever had. Their Almond Berry Wine is to die-for. Holiday Spice Wine served warm - very delicious. Their Cab. Sav. (please don't ask me to spell that- it's been a long day and you know what I mean) anyway, Cab. Sav. is one of my favorite reds. Have you given Cream Ridge Winery a try???

**disclaimer** if Tahiti was just joking & being snarky I'll feel really silly- like I said- been a l o n g day and I may have missed the joke ....but I'll never come close to getting my panties in a knot. lol....
"Cabernet Sauvignon". Lorenzo's in Freehold (now Mi Lindo"s) use to operate under Cream Ridge Winery's license and they were able to sell it even though they didn't have a liquor license. I agree I'm not a wine snob or connoisseur by any means but we had it numerous times and thought it to be pretty good. But then again what do I know

Old 10-26-2007, 07:33 AM

438 posts, read 964,927 times
I like NJ wines although I am more into CA stuff.
I don't think NJ wines are crap by any means but if you make me choose between NJ and say Kings Estate Pinot Noir, NJ is going to lose
still, I have a few from a recent trip to New Hope/Lambertville and they are just fine.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:06 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I'm no wine snob but I know what tastes good (to me anyway). Valenzano Winery down in Shamong makes some good stuff-they also do cranberry and blueberry wines. Joe Canal's carries most of their line.
I remember Valenzano. Joe Canal's and Medford Liquors was the only place I could locate their stuff. They actually are pretty good for an NJ winery. Granted they are not Silver Oak, Beringer, or even Kendall Jackson, but they're not bad either.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:24 AM

72 posts, read 326,280 times
Climax Brewery in Roselle, NJ is located a block from the Sun Tavern. It is a brewery, though and not a brewpub. You can taste it at Antone's in Cranford and it is carried at several places throughout the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey