Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM

111 posts, read 146,879 times

Advertisements

We will be landing at EWR during evening rush hour on a Friday with a hungry toddler. Yeah! I haven't been in that area in a long, long time. Where is a place to grab something to eat? I can hold him over with snacks for a bit, but want a real meal.

Ikea?
Are there any typical chain restaurants or diners near EWR?

I was think Hoboken, but the Holland tunnel traffic near Hoboken and then trying to find parking, probably not a good idea. We will be eventually driving north towards the Bronx, so preferably restaurants heading in that direction (I am not sure if I am taking one of the tunnels or the GWB).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times
I would just grab something right in the airport, then head to your destination:
Shops, Restaurants, Services - Airport Guide - Newark Liberty International Airport - Port Authority of New York & New Jersey

Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM

111 posts, read 146,879 times
Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem with the airport is that many of the restaurants are post security (i.e. near the gates) and I don't want to leave our bags on the turnstyle for the hour or so while we are inside eating.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
You could take the Parkway north to Route 17 where you'll find all the typical chain restaurants. When you're done you can pick up Route 4 or I-80 to get to the GWB.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
It going to take you a hour to eat with a toddler? I would get some grab & go food and then head out to baggage claim and eat there.

The Dinner I like near by is: Olympia Diner

Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 27,419 times
I'd take Holland and try to park somewhere in Manhattan (which I often do on Fridays), most of parking signs in SoHo say "no parking 8-6", shouldn't be a prob to find a spot.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
agreed, there are a lot of restaurants at the airport pre and post security. Feed the baby at the airport grab your bags and go home. Hungry babies are a pain to lug around, full babies are happy babies and usually go to sleep once in the car.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:46 PM

300 posts, read 913,547 times
Sorry to be rude, but i dont think questions like this deserve new thread, just search for mcdonald or other chain restaurant on your smarphone if you want to avoid eating at airport, what is so big deal. You are asking as if you are landing in middle of nowhere.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
Sorry to be rude, but i dont think questions like this deserve new thread, just search for mcdonald or other chain restaurant on your smarphone if you want to avoid eating at airport, what is so big deal. You are asking as if you are landing in middle of nowhere.
True....
There are also apps you can put on your phone that show you what restaurants (and other points of interest) are within an X mile radiance.
My favorite is called Aroundme - I am on the road a lot for work, and when I go see a client in EastBumbleFvck and have no idea where to go get lunch, I just open the app.
AroundMe | iPhone, iPad and Android App to quickly find information about your surroundings!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:06 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
Then why be rude. Not everyone has a smart phone. Me included. If questions like this bother you, then your in the wrong forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey