Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 AM

262 posts, read 798,260 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me figure out the best way to get to Downtown Manhattan from Milltown, NJ?

This would be a daily commute, Mon-Fri, getting to the office by 9 AM, and leaving at 5 PM.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 PM

800 posts, read 1,296,435 times
drive to new brunswick and park at the lots either accross or attached to the train station, its a 40-65 minute communte from there to NY penn station at which you would need to take the subway lines downtown, ACE, 123, or the BDF and NRQW a block over at harold sq. you can also get off at penn station newark and take the path downtown (im not sure the time it take though). Its about $360 for the monthly new brunswick train ticket and $110 for an unlimited metrocard. I'm not sure the parking situation at new brunswick as i always used my wifes hospital parking pass. I had the same hours working in NYC and i would leave at 6:45ish and get home by 6:30 (i live in somerset now)

Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,231,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
drive to new brunswick and park at the lots either accross or attached to the train station, its a 40-65 minute communte from there to NY penn station at which you would need to take the subway lines downtown, ACE, 123, or the BDF and NRQW a block over at harold sq. you can also get off at penn station newark and take the path downtown (im not sure the time it take though). Its about $360 for the monthly new brunswick train ticket and $110 for an unlimited metrocard. I'm not sure the parking situation at new brunswick as i always used my wifes hospital parking pass. I had the same hours working in NYC and i would leave at 6:45ish and get home by 6:30 (i live in somerset now)
PATH from Newark is definitely better than going to Penn Station and taking the subway (and easier on the wallet to switch in Newark, too). Long commute either way, though.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:49 PM

382 posts, read 721,508 times
How about the bus (Suburban/Coach USA)? I think line 400 goes through Milltown around 6:45 am and gets in the city around 8. It returns around 5:15 pm, and of course there are many other bus choices for getting back to (at least) Tower Center in East Brunswick. http://www.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAsse...9/route400.pdf

Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,011,532 times
Drive to Jersey Ave, transfer at Newark to Path to WTC. It takes me 90 min door to seat

I have a colleague who takes the bus from the area, and although he does appreciate the one seat ride downtown, in bad weather (even just rain) the trip leans closer to 2 hours than 1.5.

There is a coach usa bus yard on rt 27 in new brunswick which has signs for a free park and ride to NY. Maybe check that out.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 AM

262 posts, read 798,260 times
Wow...okay -- so, I guess there's no real easy way to get there directly from Milltown. Currently I live in South Amboy, and take the Sayreville to Midtown (Academy) bus from the Park & Ride there.

I have plans to move to Milltown, and, I am also transferring to our Downtown office around the same time.

I know that there is a Sayreville to Wall Street (Academy) bus that leaves around the same time as my Midtown bus -- I guess I will just drive from Milltown to the Park & Ride -- should only take about 20 min or so -- then take the Wall Street bus from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey