Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,983 times

Advertisements

Would someone PLEASE be kind and explain to me how to get from the Dover station to Newark airport?! I am from Florida, my husband will be working near Dover for the next few months, and I need to know how to get to and from Dover by myself. I will always be flying in...I can fly into NYC or Newark, I could careless! I just need to know in SIMPLE terms how to get from point A to point B! I have never used public transit (non existent in Fl!) expect for short visits to NYC and DC. I cannot find anyone who is helpful! I am looking for the EASIEST, non complicated, way!!!!!! (His apartment is very close to the the Rockaway Town Square Mall)
THANKS!
**ALSO**
is there public trans to Wyckoff from Dover? (I would like to get there too, for a class)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 01:33 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Public Transit takes a long time from Wyckoff to Dover.... However the Airport to Dover is simple. Where in Wyckoff do you need to go.

Newark Airport to Dover

1. Take the New Jersey Transit Gobus from the Airport Terminals A or C to Newark Broad Street Station , the bus costs about : 2.25$ , this should take 25 mins.

1A. Once a Broad Street Station walk into the station and look for Westbound trains to Dover , Purchase your ticket and wait on the platform. Your Train ticket will be collected onboard the train by a conductor. Trains arrive every 20-30mins , look at the destinations on the side of the train before boarding or ask a conductor. The Cost from Newark to Dover is : 9.00$.

2. The Journey to Dover takes 60-75 mins depending on what line you get , once at Dover Station the Mall is about a half mile away , there are taxis at the station and probably one bus line up to the mall.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:46 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Rockaway Town Sq mall is about 10miles (uphill) from the Dover station.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:48 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Rockaway Town Sq mall is about 10miles (uphill) from the Dover station.
It is not 10 miles its 1 mile at most , its right next to I-80 which passes 1 mile North of Downtown Dover.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:54 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Opps.. my bad.. 2.4 miles 9 minutes.....

Minutes... Miles... Opps...

Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Dover, NJ to Newark, Iowa is pretty far:
Dover, NJ to Newark, IA - Google Maps

Nex's directions from Dover to EWR were spot-on, though.

If you fly into JFK, you can take AirTrain from JFK to Jamaica, Queens. At Jamaica station, you can get on a Long Island Railroad (LIRR) train to NYC Penn Station. At NYC Penn Station, you can switch to a NJ Transit train to Dover. Three trains, probably 2-2.5 hrs travel time.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,231,117 times
What others have said for EWR to Dover. From Dover to Wyckoff is tough, though. I think you'd pretty much have to drive. If you time it just right, you can take the NJT trains from Dover to Secaucus Junction, then transfer to the Main Line to Ridgewood and take the 752 bus from Ridgewood to Wyckoff. But Google estimates that would be a three-and-a-half-hour extravaganza at the best, much worse if you miss the train at Secaucus. Whereas by car it would be like 45 minutes.

Public transit is great here, but it's designed from getting you from a home in the suburbs to work in NYC (or Jersey City/Newark/wherever), not to take you from suburb to suburb, especially outer ring suburbs like Dover and Wyckoff.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 AM

132 posts, read 289,895 times
Taxis from Dover Train Station to Rockaway Mall are about $5 to $6
You can however take the bus 880 to Rocakway Mall, about $2 fare.
No bus service on Sundays, which suck big time.
Being as busy as Dover with the train stop being there.

Good luck on you trip planning.
Let us know if you need additional information, I live in Dover.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:10 AM

132 posts, read 289,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Dover, NJ to Newark, Iowa is pretty far:
Dover, NJ to Newark, IA - Google Maps

Nex's directions from Dover to EWR were spot-on, though.

If you fly into JFK, you can take AirTrain from JFK to Jamaica, Queens. At Jamaica station, you can get on a Long Island Railroad (LIRR) train to NYC Penn Station. At NYC Penn Station, you can switch to a NJ Transit train to Dover. Three trains, probably 2-2.5 hrs travel time.
No need to do that, you can take the local train in JFK $5 then take the A train all the way to Penn Station. I've done the leg work.

Also, a more direct way... if you're traveling from JFK to Dover you can take the Lakeland Bus, which goes directly to Dover.

LakelandBus.com

Old 03-18-2013, 08:00 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
The NJT #880 bus travels between the Dover train station and the Rockaway Square Mall. The thing is that it runs every 90 minutes, so if you miss it, just take a taxi.

The Lakeland Lines routes 46 & 80 both go from the PABT in NYC to the Rockaway Square Mall. The fare is $12.

The only bus route that directly serves Wyckoff is the #752, which only goes there during rush hour. Other times, you'd have to take the Main/Bergen County Line to Ridgewood, Ho-Ho-Kus, or Waldwick, and then take a taxi from there. The #148 also goes somewhat nearby, but that's rush hours only.

Here's a Northern NJ bus map: NJ Bus map for Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties

The problem is that you'd have to transfer at Secaucus (Take the Morris & Essex or Montclair-Bontoon Line to Secaucus for the Main/Bergen County Line), and hope that you don't miss your connection. This would be a trip best made by driving.

Here's the train schedules in case you still want to go by transit
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/upcoming/R0020.pdf (Main/Bergen County Line)
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/upcoming/R0030.pdf (Montclair-Bontoon Line)
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/upcoming/R0040.pdf (M & E Line)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey