Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Harbor Freight
Cabelas
Grainger
Costco
there's a costco in rockaway. i know, a little far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 08:42 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I asked my brother & SIL for their opinions of Weis, as that is their local market in PA.
Their opinion is that Weis (like Shop-Rite) is highly variable, depending on the location. They say that the older stores are less clean and have less selection than the newer, larger Weis stores.

Overall, they rate Weis as..."average".
When they come to visit me in NJ, they try to visit Wegmans, Trader Joe's, & Whole Foods, none of which they have anywhere near them in PA.
I can agree with that. My "old" Weis was definitely average. After the remodel though it's vastly improved.

Your bro and SIL must not live in the Lehigh Valley b/c I know they a Wegman's in Bethlehem? Not sure about TJ's and WF.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 AM

271 posts, read 600,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Harbor Freight
Cabelas
Grainger
Costco
You probably will get your wish with Harbor Freight, they seem to be popping up all over. My husband is like a kid in a candy store there.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
there's a costco in rockaway. i know, a little far.
We actually go to the one in Bridgewater. Maybe it's to close for their comfort, but I think either Phillipsburg or Flemington would be a great location for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Sherri View Post
You probably will get your wish with Harbor Freight, they seem to be popping up all over. My husband is like a kid in a candy store there.
We'll see...again, Flemington would be perfect. There's one in Ewing (and a Grainger too) but that's a hike down Route 31. Between those two stores, Home Depot, Lowes, and Tractor Supply I could probably get anything I'd ever need by taking a 20 minute drive on a Saturday instead of getting into a project, realizing what I need, ordering it online, and then having to wait until the following weekend to do whatever it is I needed to do. Cabelas would be mostly eye candy-we go to the one in Hamburg, PA just to look at all of the mounts, get a bite to eat, and check out the gun library. The used gun selection is usually pretty good, but in recent months it's been pretty depleted.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
burgatory (burger sit down place in PA)
in and out
trader joes or fairway
more rock climbing gyms

Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Oh Gawd I asked my daughter this question..her response Chick Fil A
Whats wrong with Chick Fil A?

I havent tried it but I heard good things about it.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Whats wrong with Chick Fil A?
More than likely, Kate was thinking about this controversial issue:
Chick-fil-A same-sex marriage controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't you recall seeing this in the news last year?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:26 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
I am fortunate to have access to many grocery stores that I like. Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Wegmans and plenty of specialty stores.

I don't have a Kings however. OP, I'll give you a Trader Joes if you give me a Kings.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 AM

5 posts, read 12,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
wegman's, TJ's or Corrados.
Yes

Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I have probably every grocery store and chain restaurant under the sun within a few miles of me. I'm starting to think that if it's not found on Route 35, it doesn't count.

But...what about a CRACKER BARREL? No, never mind. If I had one of those too close to me I might just as well give up on any attempts to exercise and eat healthfully. You'd have to roll me home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey